Fat Man

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On older Shimano 3-spds, a bell crank threads on the axle end, that pushes a rod. The same universal cable fits as SA pull-chain/rod hubs. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the newer "Nexus" type, but someone who is will probably chime in before you're done. :wink:

Hey there.
Here's an update on th Fat Man:

There are still some things to be done, but I can handle those.
What is concerning me is the connection rod between the hub (new shimano nexus) and the shifter (70's Sturmey Archer):

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot

do you not have tubes yet cause at the rate you have been going i would imagine you would atleast have pumped up the tires :mrgreen:

you need this for you hub, and also I think a rod that goes inside the axel

you can get it here

http://www.bikeville.com/hubparts.html

1051647521807_bell_crank.jpg

the rods come in different sizes too

this thing is called the bell housing and push rod, i have used a ground down nail as a push rod before

ebay uk would be the place and they would be pretty cheap

stocksucks said:
Has anyone tryed to bend a springer fork in order to spread the distance between the two wheels?
glad the seat trick worked! is it all soft now? :D
and yes i have, its not too terribly difficult.
SANY0114.jpg

Hey there.
Thanks for the info strech. I think I'll keep that fork bending for later. And yeah, the seat is just great, really smooth and confy 8)
She's all finished for now. I'm just missing the bell crank to connect the shifter to the rear hub. It should be here within ten days :cry:
Here are the pics:

Thanks a lot for all the help you guys.

I allready started collecting stuff for my next one :D I'll post it up shortly...

Keep rollin'

Hi there.
Normally simple = good =)
It's pretty cool to ride and it's a looker for sure. Everybody asks about her.
But since I don't have the bell crank yet I have to pedal in the lower gear and it is very light. Too light... and it get's unconfortable.
Thanks for all

=)
It's not that easy.
Unfortunatelly, where I live, about 200% of the bicycle available material is high tech MTB related. I could easly get my hands on one of those 3 million function shimano gadgets that besides bicycling also cook your dinner. But a 3spd bell crank? "No.. sorry sir, we've never had it..." or "yes, we do but it comes with the bicycle. It's really a good bike, made out of carbon, it weighs only 0,7kg"... GRRRR...

I can't even buy a coaster brake. It is not available. They don't hav'em, because this parts do not sell.
It's sad, but to get my hands on what I need, I have to order it from Madrid.. and I'm still waiting..

thanks a lot.
BTW, check out my Villiers board tracker viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33749

That is an AWESOME bike! I've been wanting to see some of your bikes. Post your pictures on our club site. The guys would love to see it!

Back