Fat Fix (COLOR CHANGE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fix (Got Paint)

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Sean glad you like my work. I get a little better with each one I do.

TRM I didn't like a couple things about the stock one. After riding today , I might have gotten it a smidge high.
It feels good riding, but there is some tippy toe on sitting on it. Glad you like it. Was a fun build.

Here is a riding video. Click to see a fat man on a bike.
Hey I have tried to watch your video but it doesn't show for me.

Re: Fat Fix (Got Paint) (riding video)(photos)

It works when I click on the picture. Maybe photobucket was down or something.

Thanks . Most of my builds take a week. I work on them all day though.
Retirement has been good to me so far. :wink:
DSCF0003_zps42213ac1.jpg

Thanks King. I am happy with the results. If I go out to the shop and still like
looking at them after I finish, and not want to cut it up, then I think I did good. :D

Bike looks awesome! Love the springer and paint also!

That bike is about 500% better than that fat tire Goose. Way to go on the build.

Turtle...Sinner Thanks. Glad yall like the build. Its fun to see what everybody comes up with.
Mine was pretty simple.

that is a beautiful color. awesome fork. and i love the new angle of the headtube.

Another bike finished... :shock:
Great bike,Ok now what are you going to do for the next 2 1/2 mths... :lol:
Build another...

Bill in Houston said:
that is a beautiful color. awesome fork. and i love the new angle of the headtube.
Yeah Bill I think that was everybody's gripe that the angle was off. One of the main reasons I changed mine.
All the real fat bikes are a neutral color , so I decided to use one too. Kinda miss my red though. :cry:

the12volt said:
Very nice! How does the ride compare to before?

Also, I've been getting a good chuckle reading your status updates (signature) :D

Cheers,
Volt
Well Volt it does better , but there are a few changes. The springer makes it quite a bit different and the seat post
is up there pretty high. Kinda a tippy toe effect when you stop. With the sig. line you have to keep a sense of humor around
here. :wink:
Funkme said:
Another bike finished... :shock:
Great bike,Ok now what are you going to do for the next 2 1/2 mths... :lol:
Build another...
Thanks , Glad you like it. I am going to use my one frame change option, and build another...cruiser in a while when my
back gets better.

DSCF0005_zpsbe64c7a8.jpg

Nope its all I have left of my original frame...well the chain stay, BB and dropouts. :lol:
I'm just going to use the wheels on a cruiser frame as soon as I rehab a little.
Thanks Tommy it was one because everybody that bought one was wondering what they
would look like modified a little.

Yeah if I had gotten my BB's from Niagra quicker, I wouldn't have chopped my beast frame.
I couldn't see waiting a weekend and a monday to get them. I would have still had to have
my fab buddy weld them together to make one wide one.
The next frame will be a usual cruiser stretch type. I have the extra BB's now so there isn't a
wait on anything. Won't be too long I heal and get bored at the same rate. :lol:

Did you know that choppersusa carries the wide BB's and axles for fat tire bikes? I have purchased several from them.

Back