Electra Bikes Parts Clearance Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine. Thanks for the Head's Up Billy Z!
23Jan13002.jpg

Electra Christmas Round 1

10 Wheels - Plus some goodies

WP_000918.jpg

After seeing these rims up close and the paint jobs on them, I think I will pop for some pinks and gold sets if the Free Shipping comes back.

Cman I still regret not buying more of the Kenda 26x3's when they did their closeout
and sold them for $12 shipped. I bought 2 :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Uncle Stretch said:
Cman I still regret not buying more of the Kenda 26x3's when they did their closeout
and sold them for $12 shipped. I bought 2 :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congrats on Step 1. Admitting you have a problem. :mrgreen:

Tater said:
My first load of loot was delivered toady. I couldn't wait to see how they were going to look stripped bare and polished.

One set down, four sets to go.
DSC01201.jpg

Very nice. I assume those were some of the colored ones and not the silver 7 speeds. Did you take them apart or?

NicksGarage said:
Tater said:
My first load of loot was delivered toady. I couldn't wait to see how they were going to look stripped bare and polished.

Very nice. I assume those were some of the colored ones and not the silver 7 speeds. Did you take them apart or?

One was blue and the other was cream. I did disassemble them to strip and polish.

They look great polished! That's what I'm hoping to do. I gotta learn to lace & true pretty soon. Otherwise this deal might not be so great for me. What method did you use to strip/polish if you don't mind my asking??

Tater said:

DSC01201.jpg

Eric, those wheels look good. I guess your really running out of room now. If you need more space I can store your V12 in my garage. :mrgreen:

rydr1 said:
Eric, those wheels look good. I guess your really running out of room now. If you need more space I can store your V12 in my garage. :mrgreen:

Yea, the space problem is downright ridiculous. One of these days I'll get to building a spacious workshop. 8)

fordmike65 said:
.... What method did you use to strip/polish if you don't mind my asking??

Mike, I used heavy duty paint stripper to get the bulk off the powder coating off and finished the stripping by scrubbing them down with methylene chloride. I then wet sanded them with 400 followed by 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper. The finish buffing was done using medium then fine rouge on a 4" buffing wheel mounted to a fast drill.

DSC01209.jpg

sensor said:
Seriously though. Thanks for helping out the biking community Pee Wee and BillyZ!
I'm guessing a lot of bikes will be rolling 3 or 7 speeds soon that probably wouldn't have been if this wasn't posted.

mitchelangelo said:
Thanks for sharing BillyZ. Finally got that Nexus 7speed for my Dyno Glide Deluxe! :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I definitely took advantage of this sale, but I don't think I thanked Billyz for posting this notice or Peewee for giving us the inside scoop and help.
THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!

I owe you both a beer (or two)!!

BillyZ said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Billyz I appreciate you telling us about the deal. Thanks.

It was my pleasure! As soon as I saw it on Electra Bike Forums, the 1st thing that popped in to my dome was "the peeps on RRB would love this"!!! Ok, so the 1st thing was to place an order, then tell you guys on RRB...lol....I knew it'd be a hit!!

Uncle Stretch I'd also like to extend the appreciation back to RRB, it's owner (Rat Rod aka Steve), moderators & fellow members for giving me inspiration & the joy of looking at beautiful bikes. Not to mention a place to spend time on illegal breaks at work.

The big thanks goes to Electra & Pee Wee for sure. I just passed on the info.

I was thinking of doing an inverse Rat Fink.
Orange frame with Green wheels

WP_000922.jpg

fordmike65 said:
.... What method did you use to strip/polish if you don't mind my asking??

Mike, I used heavy duty paint stripper to get the bulk off the powder coating off and finished the stripping by scrubbing them down with methylene chloride. I then wet sanded them with 400 followed by 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper. The finish buffing was done using medium then fine rouge on a 4" buffing wheel mounted to a fast drill.

DSC01209.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Tater. Much appreciated!

Santa stopped by again (third time this week - ElGuapo, Electra, Electra)
elecWP_000931.jpg

Latest posts

Back