Electra Bikes Parts Clearance Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels are dwindling. Only thing left are Silver Nexus 8, Pink 3 speed, Green and Gold 1 speeds.

If anyone is planning a 20" build, you should consider the $5 Hotster tires (BW & WW).

Peatbog said:
I haven’t bought anything else as I was late to the party, so I looked at those tires and I put in an order for two $6 chainwheels and four $5 tires (two whitewalls and two blackwalls) for a total of $32. However, the shipping on that was going to be $29. Still, that wouldn’t have been a bad price for the parts at about $10 for each item, but it was no longer a bargain I couldn’t do without, so I didn’t get it.

Maybe you should look at the Super 72 saddles or other seats and grips to bump it up to $75. The Delivery 3 rear rack is also pretty cool. Karma grips look cool too.

8eru7y5a.jpg

utu2yjeh.jpg

9y4eba4a.jpg

garyhezy.jpg

Sweet! When are you going to lace up that Nexus to your copper Jemima's?

I definitely took advantage of this sale, but I don't think I thanked Billyz for posting this notice or Peewee for giving us the inside scoop and help.
THANK YOU BOTH!!!!!
I owe you both a beer (or two)!!!

Hey Peewee, let us know when round two of this clearance rollout starts!!

Rat Rod said:
fordmike65 said:
Does anyone know if these rims are painted or powdercoated? Any idea what the best way to strip one might be? Thanks.

The wheels I got are just a raw finish I believe.

The silver rims are supposed to be bare metal. I am not sure what paint method the used for the color rims.

Yeah, I picked up a front/rear bare 7spd wheel set too. I'll have a gold 3spd set, cream 3spd and cream single spd. I'll have blue rim left over that needs to be stripped to match the other rear bare 7spd wheel.

Hey Ford mike I bet even the silver rims are anodized aluminum, Raw aluminum would tarnish too quick.
I think you could use the Draino crystal soak trick and remove any of the color anodizing. Then polish or paint.

Santa came to my office for the second time this week.

electraWP_000917.jpg

You guys all need some help. Either got to Compulsive Shoppers Anonymous or send those to me. :wink:

BillyZ said:
My 7 speed set is sitting in the garage while I decide what to slap them on. I was browsing the local CL and there is a Dyno GT Roadster for sale. No price listed just says For Sale OBO. I am going to hit him up after work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I called the guy selling the Roadster & setup a time on Friday morning to take a look at it.

Potential recipients for the 7 speed wheels:

Dyno Roadster (if I buy it on Friday)
2-2_zpse12f25a5.jpg

1-1_zps533742c7.jpg

Ross Diamond Cruiser
RDC2.jpg

Electra Cruiser (tempted to lace existing Nexus 3 into a 26″x57mm 3G Jemima wheel)
111482.jpg

Latest posts

Back