Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah. it was for the rack on the front. apparently they come loose at the mounting bracket and fall forward under the tire and cause some pretty bad damaage. i have ridden this one only once and the bracket hasn't come loose. i believe that when they recalled them they just gave the customers their money back and kept the bikes. i decided to hang on to mine for that reason. so i don't know how many are actually out.

highwheelerboy25 said:
Does anybody else out there have one of these? I haven't seen many.
2009 Electra Delivery 3i Chicago Grey
4283152339_4d636a7ca3.jpg
I believe my local REI has/had one of these. Overheard some salesmen badmouthing the basket...long before the recall. How ironic. :roll:

Man, I LOVE those Delivery bikes. Back in November I was in Pacific Beach CA and they had two....dark grey like the one pictured above, and satin silver, which was also VERY cool. I'd love one, and I hope that Electra plans on fixing whatever is wrong with the front tray, and bringing them back, since those trays also look very cool on the Townies, when they were offering them.

One of the cool customizations Electra offers for the Delivery is the option to buy a blank wood tank plate so you can put your name, logo, or whatever on it. I recently saw a satin Delivery on San Diego CL, but it didn't have the front tray, which kinda negates the whole point of that bike if you ask me.

On a side note, last July I got a set of those wood grips for my Boney Finger, and they are wonderful....but expensive!

the delivery bike in the pic above is for sale, by the way. i'm asking 600.00. i know that's kinda steep but i payed a little more for that when i preordered it new. i'm trying to get some of my money back out of it so i can work on some other projects. since i bought it it's only been ridden 5 times. if you're interested, lemme know!!

Recently found some pics of that orange Fink at southsydecycles.com and I think it's so cool! Any closeups of the pinstripes?

BarnesTO said:
Recently found some pics of that orange Fink at southsydecycles.com and I think it's so cool! Any closeups of the pinstripes?

That is my bike! Thanks... yes I'll take some close ups of the striping and post them up.

Dominick

New to the forum, thought I'd post a few of my RF
bikeride5.jpg

This was a building we came across on the Pinnellas Trail
bikeride11.jpg

my electra ratrod rip off!! Its actually a columbia with electra tires, pedals, grips, seat, headlight, and frame badges.
013.jpg

Well I sold the straight 8 and bought this rat fink 1st gen cruiser.. man this thing is so comfortable and quiet!
I will definitley miss the Straight 8! but this bike was a great find.. paid $200 for 'em... few scratches but a great bike that cleaned up nice!
DSC00287.jpg

Latest posts

Back