Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1850MB said:
Thanks Dr.T :D

Any suggestions 4 the blue bike? I'ts a start but inspiration is low at the moment :(

Hmmmmm....the blue one....well, as long as you're asking :roll: ....I'm not a fan of white tires, I love cream ones though. But, I think in keeping with the leather you wrapped around the cross brace, I think some brown Fat Franks
http://www.schwalbetires.com/fat_frank
switch the seat out for a honey Brooks B66
http://www.brookssaddles.com/en/Shop_ProductPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+city+&+heavy+duty&prod=B66
and matching Electra grips
http://leescyclery.com/product/electra-amsterdam-vintage-brown-ergo-grips-54023-1.htm

and ride the SNOT out of it!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Here's my new ride.

Freakin' love it! I'm thinking about adding a headlight and maybe upgrading the seat, but other than that, it's pretty awesome in its bone stock state.

25555139749542193213686.jpg

blacksheep said:
Nice! The Vince is one of my favorite Electras. Very cool bike. Now get those reflectors off of it! :wink:
:lol:
yeah, they came off last night. I don't know why shops bother putting them on style bikes anyway. lol

Howdy. First post in over a year! :oops:

Here is my contribution:

IMG_3365.jpg

On the sand colored Rockabilly Boogie like mine, you didn't get the triple clamp fork so I bought one and installed it-- but first I bead blasted the down tubes and painted them flat black. I also fabbed up a drop mount bracket for the headlamp.

IMG_3368.jpg

I painted a seatpost cargo rack to match the matte sand color and installed it with military saddle bags, a vintage cruiser reflector and an Electra mudflap.

IMG_3372.jpg

Closeup of the vintage reflector.

Regards,

REDRIDER1 said:
Our Electra Bikes from left to right Hellbilly, Flying Sue, Coaster alloy single speed, Straight Eight, Rat Rod alloy, Rosie 3 spd, Black Betty 3 spd, Hawaii single, Rosie single. We LOVE our Electra 's and we are members of Sactown Cruisers.
DSCF3907.jpg

I've got three Electras in the garage right now and love them, too. So...this is where I'm headed, huh? :wink: 8)

I've posted pics of my Boney Finger before, but it's recently gone through a few changes I wanted to share....

Notice anything missing?
4478531276_6094dd31cf.jpg

What's that behind the seat?
4478531942_0f510f2b0c.jpg

Closeup of the modded Bendix 3 speed shifter. That's a real pool ball aquired from the pub up the street. Drilled it out, mixed up some two part epoxy, and voila! Sure beats the little black knob it came with.
4477908497_b90fbc18a6.jpg

This is what I started with....I figure it's around 40 years old?
4478610570_7106a25bef_o.jpg

New Electra Chopper TT handlebars looking super clean with no twist grip and wire running down....
4478542070_c89b33706c.jpg

And finally, closeups of the new Electra hubshiners front and back.
4478542944_90bb1b5758.jpg

4478543736_4dd6c9613c.jpg

You may notice the glow coming from the frame and the valve stems....The first thing I did when I got the bike was "deflector" it, but I ride at night quite a bit, so I used orange reflective tape on the frame and black reflective tape on the valvestems to show some "spin" and get drivers' attention. Almost invisible in the day, but the camera flash really picks it up.

Was there any modification required to get that Bendix shifter to work with the Nexus derailleur?

None whatsoever. the bendix didn't come with a cable, so I used my bike's stock cable and trimmed it and the black sheath to fit. So I guess the only mod would be the trimming of the cable, which was easy enough.

Latest posts

Back