Duck Norris, Guest Starring in That Sixties Thing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
babyduck12.jpg

Youzeguys need to meet the inspiration?
IMG_20230805_074053228.jpg

Duck Norris. Clean, simple, and stupid tough are the design parameters, cantilever frame is important. Needs to be cool enough to rule the city streets, capable of handling any trail it might roll past, and small enough for an 8 year old. Meatloaf said 2 outta 3 would suffice, and the lad doesn't want a nanner, so smaller front tire and tall bars are locked in.

So this fit the build it's waiting for you View attachment 246908View attachment 246907
Is it a 20/24", or do my eyes deceive me? As long as it's kid sized, I'm in! Square taper crank too? That's awesome, I can toss that stupid folder with the stupider cottered cranks! Spent some time yesterday trying to find some decent parts on it, but I didn't get far. Does that double tube mean it's another one of your weird Raleighs?

Is it a 20/24", or do my eyes deceive me? As long as it's kid sized, I'm in! Square taper crank too? That's awesome, I can toss that stupid folder with the stupider cottered cranks! Spent some time yesterday trying to find some decent parts on it, but I didn't get far. Does that double tube mean it's another one of your weird Raleighs?
Keep the folder were we need the tires it is a Raleigh and parts off that folder will fit do not throw it.

Ah yes I know that one I use passed it along witch means I stored it in a garage at another place

If anyone is wondering how I switched the Raleigh cottered crank to square taper. Found a longer j.i.s spindle used the old Raleigh cups that are 26 tpi (24 you)however when you do this you have to change the bearings from 1/4 inch (Raleigh standard) to 6mm and it'll work fine

If anyone is wondering how I switched the Raleigh cottered crank to square taper. Found a longer j.i.s spindle used the old Raleigh cups that are 26 tpi (24 you)however when you do this you have to change the bearings from 1/4 inch (Raleigh standard) to 6mm and it'll work fine

Can that go the other direction? I have some Raleigh cranks I'd like to put on a non-british frame

Guess I wasn't joking when I said I was after Ingolajr's stuff too.
Took his Raleigh home today. Thanks buddy!
IMG_20230916_153817948.jpg

Had a consultation with the client, he gave his input regarding fitment and intent.
IMG_20230916_153748532~2.jpg

He says bars aren't high enough
I've got basically everything to make a bike except a short arm crank (square taper) with small enough gear, cables, pedals, grips. This one might actually come together

Last edited:
Back