Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
Its always fun to participate in a dream, even if its not yours.
I agree.

Have you ever though of plugging the holes on the rear tubing? I guess don't leave it out in the rain. If Skip puts a multispeed hub (Alfine), he may not have to worry about the spacing (OLD-Over Locknut Dimension).

I have drilled holes in the side of the tubing and then put 1'' pieces of 3/4 solid inside.
The problem is when I weld them up you can see where I plug welded them. It looks
worse than the open tubing. They sell rubber tubing plugs at Lowe's if it bothers him.
Yeah a 3 speed Nexus fits perfect width wise so any multi speed will take up the space.
DSCF0001-121.jpg

Yeah I spend some time fine sanding the rest of the welds. Got it looking pretty good.
I have my friend building a seat post. Should be ready by monday. Will play with it till
he gets it built.
I measured it and I think its 4'' longer than my red one, so its a little stretched out. :lol:
I think a regular bike is 44'' from the axle to the front of the head tube. This one is 54''

Ok I may not be a professional welder, but I can flap disk with the best of them.
A little bondo and some primer and it will look like it was made together. :wink:

c5b6dd42.jpg

4a6ad2ea.jpg

3fab4c3e.jpg

thatismytruck said:
I just showed this to Boy: "It's Big!"

I told him that was a good thing. :shock: :wink:

the measurement you need is 27 inches.

Thanks again!

I had to knock out the rim spoking today , but I did pick up the custom seat post and
fit it to the frame. Tomorrow I hope to weld on the BB and fill in the bottom of the
down tube . Then it will be in pretty good shape.

Yeah have to cut the slot on the seat post , and build a kick stand.....getting closer to through.
Save you some money because it needs a big rim and tire on the back. ha ha

Ok Skip got the kick stand built. Thats about it on this end. Send me your information
in a pm and I will try to box it up in the next few days and give you a total.
You realize I expect you to bondo all the welds and make it look nice. That is your
part for recieving an official Uncle Stretch custom frame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0002_zpsa69dc4d6.jpg

DSCF0001_zps3763e9d6.jpg

Woot!!

I can wire wheel, flap disc, sand and bondo with the best of them. :wink:

I really cannot thank you enough. Although I don't plan on "attacking" this right away, I cant wait to be on a bike that fits me.

Latest posts

Back