Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will see Skip...you may end up with this one if it doesn't get cut up in the process. ha ha
Probably going to be a while till I get it finished. Don't get antsy.

Well it raining off and on and the guys that are suppose to fix my foundation blocks for my addition
won't be here till next thursday , I decided to mess with the build a little more. I tacked the
rear triangle on and a couple of dropouts. Its going to look pretty good.
DSCF0002-109.jpg

Well never seeing Skip in person , if he has long legs and ape like length arms ....this frame will be perfect.
I can actually make it some smaller , but since I said I would build him one ...got to leave it jumbo.

Skip is so big, he has gravitational pull. Look how small that big Guiness can looks in his mitt.

4820972696_a52032bd4f_b.jpg

Thanks Clancy .Well if I get it figured out , this should fit thatismytruck . :shock: :shock:
Ok his fork cost way more than the bike. Its really nice though.

cursory pictures
DSCF0002-110.jpg

DSCF0001-119.jpg

DSCF0002-109.jpg

Well the guys that are going to bury the blocks to support my addition put me on hold till next week.
Then we are getting rain so outside activity is curtailed. I had to do something so I started back on
the frame. Got quiet a bit done. Its all welded and most of the welds sanded down. Still need to do
the BB. Waiting to get a measurement and then I can knock that out. I know what it takes for me , but
the frame recipient is way bigger than I am. :shock:

I haven't been here in a day or so only to come and find I might have an Uncle Stretch bike! Thank you for considering finishing a large bike for me. I am humbled.

Reading the thread: First you tell me not to be anxious, now your waiting on me for a measurement. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said in my note to you, I'm wicked busy lately and I don't expect to get a number to you until tomorrow night.

Sorry to all who are waiting to see this finished. :oops:

Yeah things changed for my schedule and I got antsy having to sit in the house. I have seen most of
the westerns that are showing and so I have to get back to the shop. When I walk in there is an unfinished
bike, so hey its something to do. I figured out I really like to weld. Guess I should have been a welder. :roll:
Well as dirty as I get maybe that isn't such a good idea. They probably had a suck retirement anyway . There is no rush
I can fill up the holes in my new rims for something to keep me entertained. Take your time it won't run off. :wink:
Its yours if you want it.

Thats funny Sensor....I almost blew coffee out of my nose. Glad you like the build
pretty simple though. Not a lot of frills here.

I am SO stoked Skipper is getting this. It'll be cool hearing and seeing what he does with it. If he hits me up for advice, I'm going to get him to spend A LOT of his money on it.

already told him to put an Alphine 8 speed internal hub on it. ya I did.

Its always fun to participate in a dream, even if its not yours. The hub part will be interesting
the rear triangle is wide and with a stock hub you might have to run a few washers or crank it
down quite a bit. With a multi speed it will probably be close. The tubing I use is hard to bend.
Laying it on its side and jumping on it may not do it. ha ha. I hate to close it in too much, because
its just as hard to spread back again. Hopefully when he builds it he can find what works on his hub.
DSCF0002-111.jpg

Back