Doodle Bug " Spe-da-way"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, for a handle i am using 2 woodin file handles, i got some 5 1/2" ones but there are to big, so i got some 4" ones coming. I know it would have been nice to keep it original but i just wanted to give it new life and let my grandsons make it old again. Sulley

Im using two of these, im going to counter sink two 1/4" square nuts in the outer ends and use allthread to fastin them togeither.
KGrHqZhQE1f1qUtmqBNfDewJ90_3.jpg

I took it out in the sun today for a little walk, yea know it didnt grow a bit.
001-2.jpg

Good idea for the handle!

You're right, if a child is going to using it, rusty metal is not the best choice. :lol: You can promise he will be the only kid in the neighborhood with one of those. I really love that thing.

Yep and boy doe's my finger hurt, i used a primer/filler first works real good.I tryed my hand at pinstripping, not to good so im gona cheat, im taking duel pinstripping tape with a 1/16 center and use it as masking tape, i will paint between the two strips, 1/16th on all the rims and 3/32 on the frame and fender. Sulley

Well looky there my Doodle Bug made a friend, just picked up this 1975 Honda Kick n Go, cool little unit, what a difference 46 years makes ha. Sulley

009.jpg

Got the smaller handles today, i think they look good, pinstripein next. Sulley

007-1.jpg

You just put your feet on the front axle, it pivots in the middle, the handle is to make it go, you pump that back and forth. Sulley

435458636_o.jpg

My seat decal has been drawn up, very close, the gold color will be a little lighter than in this picture, im happy with it. Sulley

DanielSullivanproof4.jpg

Origainal decal but not from my Doodle Bug.Mine was very worn off.
006-1.jpg

OH.....I get it now, I would have expected to see foot rests for the steering.
This would be seriously fun to recreate, but with bike wheels and use a chain drive, a 3 speed....hmmm...add that to the 'buld file' :roll:
Sulley said:
You just put your feet on the front axle, it pivots in the middle, the handle is to make it go, you pump that back and forth. Sulley

435458636_o.jpg

Cool machine though, where does the decal go? On the seat?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yes it gos on the seat, mine was pretty beat up, i did find another Doodle Bug on the web so i took the picture of that decal and had one made. Sulley

435458652_o.jpg

I did the pinstripping, never again, wow i envy those that do this and mine are just straight lines.This is a Honda Kick N Go i just finished, it cool how 46 years between them, 1929 for the Doodle Bug and 1975 for the Kick N Go, and you still get the same end result. Sulley

010-2-1.jpg

My grandson that is 5 got to try out a few on my toys, he like the Angeles best and rode it all day. Sulley

003-10.jpg

005-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

Its done Its done Its done, my decal guy came through again, it looks great and i am very happy with the whole project. Sulley

When i got it.
435458624_o.jpg

435458652_o.jpg

And here it is today.
013-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Back