done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: air ride frame work in progress

today worked on the air tank holder.
used a billet clamp and welded it onto the frame.

003-6.jpg

Re: air ride frame work in progress

Always nice to see progress pics, you're almost ready for a test ride. Have you figured out your seat problem yet?

Re: air ride bicycle Update: Video in action

looks awesome. It would be sweet if you could run the lines through the frame, but as it sits i would love to ride it.

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
looks awesome. It would be sweet if you could run the lines through the frame, but as it sits i would love to ride it.

yeah, that would look much better. I might do that. i'm just so lazy to do anything but ride if you know what i mean :D

Oh, i know, when i put a new bike together to make sure it all fits, it doesn't go any further for a few weeks. I think it is the "I have a new toy" complex.

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
Oh, i know, when i put a new bike together to make sure it all fits, it doesn't go any further for a few weeks. I think it is the "I have a new toy" complex.

very true :)

Re: air ride bicycle Update: youtube video

just bought some 26x3 kenda flames from member 10~18 Kustoms. thanks 10~18 Kustoms!

wish i could afford the wider rims, but no more cash in my pockets.

That'll fatten up the look of your bike, good choice. You may run into clearance problems with the fork, but if you put spacers on the inside of the fork legs you should be okay. :mrgreen:

OCD said:
That'll fatten up the look of your bike, good choice. You may run into clearance problems with the fork, but if you put spacers on the inside of the fork legs you should be okay. :mrgreen:

i'm going to junk the springer forks in a few months. I've been saving some money to purchase the chopper forks, but I think i'm going to make my own forks. kamilos made his own wide rims and gave me an idea to make my own. I'm going to try and attempt his method.

Yes, you've done a fine job on that frame, no reason why you couldn't build your own fork, that's my eventual plan too. After my bike is basically finished I'd like to build an air-girder fork. Kamilos' Grey Digger bike has a wild looking fork, he has a lot of great ideas. For the rims are you talking about putting 2 rims together and lacing it using 72 spokes? I've seen the step by step tutorial for that on Bike Rod n Kustom http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/dragwheel.html .

OCD said:
Yes, you've done a fine job on that frame, no reason why you couldn't build your own fork, that's my eventual plan too. After my bike is basically finished I'd like to build an air-girder fork. Kamilos' Grey Digger bike has a wild looking fork, he has a lot of great ideas. For the rims are you talking about putting 2 rims together and lacing it using 72 spokes? I've seen the step by step tutorial for that on Bike Rod n Kustom http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/dragwheel.html .

wow. these people have some great ideas. what i was going to do was cut the wheel in half and weld an insert in the middle. a front custom air-fork will look great on your bike.

Cutting a rim in half and adding a strip to widen would be a lot of work even if it did come out round and straight in the end. As you're not in a hurry, I'd wait until CyclesUS has one of their 30% off sales and buy one of their wide aluminum rims http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/786/Rim-Only-26-x-2.5-Silver/. If you look at $70 less 30% (on sale) it's cheap compared to the time and stress of trying to build your own custom rim, if you buy the silver one, you could spend the extra time polishing it to look like chrome or just buy the black one and be done.

your right, i sent chopper us an email and they said their next sale will be in the fall?
did you put the spokes on your rims yourself?

I use an online spoke calculator and do all my own wheel building, it's not very hard and gets easier with each one you do. You could go to somewhere like Sheldonbrown.com and find step by step instructions on how to DIY. 8)

OCD said:
I use an online spoke calculator and do all my own wheel building, it's not very hard and gets easier with each one you do. You could go to somewhere like Sheldonbrown.com and find step by step instructions on how to DIY. 8)

dam, your smart :D

Back