done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: air ride frame work in progress

its going to look good with the tire and wheel size that you are going to mount. i have very little knowledge in this area and thus the reason i stayed with a standard wheel and tire.

I'd hardly call a 144 spoke wheel 'standard', no one makes them with a wide rim anyway. It's going to look great, do you have the 3" flame tread tire on there?
I got my switches today, finally the correct ones!
drink.gif
airswitch.jpg
Use either side as the air pressure inlet, the bottom outlet goes to the air cylinder and the other side is the exhaust. Thanks to Clippard using UPS I had to pay $66.00 in brokerage fees (if you're going to screw me, at least take me out to dinner first :roll: ). Anyway, I'm glad I bought six switches in total as it helped lessen the individual cost per unit, $32.66 switches cost me $54.34 each.

My air ride car project has been using 4 schrader valves, so this will be much cooler and cost a lot less than electric valves.
grounded2.jpg

i think my tire is a 2.30. i'll have to check back on that. hope your switch works out. it would be a bummer if you have to spend more money on another switch. but i guess thats the cost of bike building through trial and error.

sweet ride you got there. you pretty much have it all figured out on how to setup your air ride system. glad to hear that you got the correct swithces. your only going to use one switch on your bike right? dam! those are some very high fees they are charging you. (canadian mafia :lol:)

Thanks for the compliment about the buggy. I've got a long way to go coz I keep finding other projects which distract me, plus I've been working a lot on my house and workshop. I haven't worked on the buggy in about 1.5 years but should make more progress this spring along with my air ride bike build.

i'm happy to hear that your switch works. the one i have is fully made out of plastic and i might just have to get one like yours.

OCD said:
Thanks for the compliment about the buggy. I've got a long way to go coz I keep finding other projects which distract me, plus I've been working a lot on my house and workshop. I haven't worked on the buggy in about 1.5 years but should make more progress this spring along with my air ride bike build.
I know what you mean. I've been working on my house, and my trike, and I have two buggies that I'm building.
I need a lot more time and a lot more money :cry:

You're building two buggies as well? I have the air ride buggy plus an off-road rail.

Here's a pic of the heart of my air ride system (excluding the regulator and bottle).
AirRideParts2.jpg

Here we are, air ride for Mr Hand. By the way, I'm only running 80psi and bearing my full weight on the cylinder. :mrgreen:

sweet! that is way better than my switch. good solid setup you got there.
and a good vid too :D

going to have a problem with my seat. have to spend more money to fix it. sucks :cry:

my seat will hit the rear tire every time i lower the bike. the seat is kind of big for a bicycle, but i will think of something. just spent all night mounting the bb shell and chain. it took me four hours to pre-set the dam thing for welding. that has been the hardest part of the whole build so far. i'll post more pics when i have time.

broke my cheapo chain breaker at the very last step of the chain installation. lucky me :lol:

014-2.jpg

lookin sweet. guess you don't need a kickstand.

Latest posts

Back