"Deluxe 6" Rat Racer build diary ALMOST DONE!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: a 5-bar Build-Off.....SNEAK PEEK!

One of these days I will have a garage where I can collect awesome parts like that and build a bike like yours. Man I am not even worthy of placing my bike next to yours. I think that my banana seat will surrender and want to go over to your bike. I love the way you made the frame look rusty. What is it that you used I could not tell by the picture. LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

nelvolks said:
One of these days I will have a garage where I can collect awesome parts like that and build a bike like yours. Man I am not even worthy of placing my bike next to yours. I think that my banana seat will surrender and want to go over to your bike. I love the way you made the frame look rusty. What is it that you used I could not tell by the picture. LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Awe shucks man. I joined this sight in late 2009 with one totally stock vintage bike. It will be no time before you have that pile of parts collected and put to use. You are completely worthy of placing your bike next to mine. This build-off is much more than some contest. When you put your heart and hard work into something like this you push yourself and you learn. That's how I got to where I am at. I think the same thing about the guys (and gals) on this forum and trying to "compete" with them after seeing some truly creative rides. I know one thing, I will be a little better at this when the build-off is done. Good luck to you and your build.
Oh, and send me pics of that banana seat :shock:

Skipton said:
Petrohead said:
I need a muscle bike banana seat.
Things that make you go hmmm.....I like the idea
Petrohead said:
Exactly! :wink:

Bike looks great love the bars!

wonderful color tasteful mods well done what more can be said? i would vote for it

Gold Street Customs said:
Nice ,for some reason it has a southwest flavor to it, seriously makes me want to keep alot of these old bmx bars I have laying around, love the redlines and the red accents, one of my faves so far.

Thanks GSC! (Don't tell anyone but that rust was enhanced with some red peppers grown here locally, gives it that nice hint southwestern spice)

I am in awe as well... have been considering the 2.2" versions of the Hank tires for my own build... those ARE the 2.5"ers, right?

Wow. Absolutely amazing. Excellent job! :shock:

All I can say is, I'm glad I entered this build-off just for the fun of it, because I am SO outclassed! 8)

Thanks guys!

gowjobs said:
I am in awe as well... have been considering the 2.2" versions of the Hank tires for my own build... those ARE the 2.5"ers, right?
I believe they are 26X2.2

Awesome, Sweeeeet & Sick!!! I'm diggin it. 8) :mrgreen:

Re: "Deluxe 6" Rat Racer

Such a pretty bike. When you have cool parts like that you don't have to add a bunch of tacky crap to distract people like on my build. haha

yoothgeye said:
Such a pretty bike. When you have cool parts like that you don't have to add a bunch of tacky crap to distract people like on my build. haha

I got everything on this build from here at RRB except for the handlebars, pedals, wheels and chain ring. I do tend to collect cool parts so I have them when I need them. I am very particular with my builds so there is usually no compromise although I did do this build with rat at heart, meaning (to me anyway) recycled, refurbished stuff that's laying around or dirt cheap or something I can make.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement! I am thinking about doing a muscle style banana seat. Any thoughts out there..... :?:

DSC04776.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04769.jpg

I like it. VERY much. I thought the first incarnation was absolutely perfect but missed something to REALLY stand out from bikes that have been built before. Don't get me wrong, I think it was one of the nicest builds I've seen but I think you should go for a banana. If it doesn't work out you can always put the other seat back.

Besides...
I'd like to see some updates on this one, once in a while...
8)

Keep on doing what yer doing.

Latest posts

Back