Death or Glory; the FC-40

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I get to the nitty gritty of the long wheelbase conversion of this bike into the FC-45, I have a few final details to wrap up on the short wheelbase version. I have been working with a colleague on a vintage logo to put on the tank sides. This is inspired by the look of early 1900's motor bikes. so here is the logo printed out on paper.

IMG_2531.JPG

Foster Cycles-- I think it is now clear where the "FC" designation comes from. "40" is merely a reference to the FJ-40, short wheelbase Landcruisers. Here is a circular logo that will be used on the chain guard and head badge:
IMG_2532.JPG

I also had some custom stencils laser cut so I can properly label the compartments inside the storage tank:
IMG_2529.JPG

Finally I have one last stencil which will be used on the chain guard. I wanted a good slogan for the bike that would set the tone of the build. :D
IMG_2530.JPG

Heheheheheh....

I hope to get the stencil painting done sometime this week.

Regards,

As I mentioned before, I REALLY wanted to polish off the short wheel base build before I get too embroiled in the finer aspects of stretching this thing into the FC-45. So without further delay I give you the FINISHED short-wheelbase FC-40 with all logos and graphics now installed. Nickname: Death or Glory:

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2812.JPG

I'm feeling pretty pleased with this one. Thanks for looking!

Later,

Last edited:
Very, very cool!
Looking forward to the next instalment!

This build has inspired a couple of designs in my sketch book, based off the Australian army "Perentie" LandRovers, specially the 6x6 variant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Perentie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Patrol_Vehicle

The 6x6 is limited to 80km/h (50mph) but will do that speed carrying 2 ton and over any terrain, full load sharing suspension, extra wide wheel track, dana diffs, Isuzu turbo diesel...

I designed a 3 wheel inline trike with both back wheels driving, load sharing full suspension, super low gearing and quad bike wheels and tires. Pretty cool, but totally impractical...

Luke.

Back