------> CT guys n gals, let's ride <-------

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Thursday July 22nd, 6:00pm at Hamonasset State Park

meet at West Beach parking lot (drive all the way in, bear to right) at 6:00pm for a cruise.

if you bring beers, please be discrete because there is no booze allowed in park. No thirty packs visible on racks or in wire baskets please. Park security people will come down on us.

having said that, meet up for a ride to Lenny and Joe's on Route 1 for seafood, or... we can ride a little farther to the center of Clinton (2 miles maybe?) and drink and eat at Chip's Pub (no booze at Lenny and Joe's).

please bring lots of lights and bright clothing because if we're riding back from Chip's Pub after dark, Route 1 is fairly busy. I want this to be a safe ride.

who's in?

Re: ------> New England guys n gals, let's ride <-------

Changed the title, but if you're from Cali you can come too!! All are invited. I was asking Ian about camping at Hammonasset, he's not interested but I just might take Friday off and do that. I'm in for the ride for sure.

Let's have some fun!! This will be a decent length ride so be prepared. and as Ian said, lights and reflectors will be useful if not indeed necessary.

Wow :D That RUN sound's to be alot of fun i use to live in clinton and the run look's to be a long one from hammonasset beach to chip's pub nice :wink: i use to live right pass the old hungry lion i heard is not there any more Well to those who are going have a good time :wink: and for those who are devating or can't go you dont know what you will miss like me :cry:

it's 2 miles to Chip's Pub III from Hamonnasset. Piece of cake ride, flat as a pancake.

2 Miles!

I better start training. Let's see, if I drink a beer every time I think about exercise and then ride my bike ... nope that won't work, I never think about exercise. I'll get back to you.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I'll bring a tow rope daddy.

LOL

Sounds like fun! I will check the schedule and try to make it. Maybe my loser neighbor can come too (if his wife let's him out). :shock: Plus, it will give me a chance to cruise on "Dead-Guy's Bike".

Dan

I am a definite maybe!

Kids All Star baseball schedule will dictate my whereabouts.

Haven't touched a bike days, but only one day left of school! YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!

Joe

I marked my calender and will ask for the night off. It Will be a good time.
I rode my tall bike over the long weekend and it was a hit at the campgrounds.
Not sure about parking and riding into the park after hours, you think it will be OK ?

do they put a bar across the road at the ticket booths? I'm trying to remember from when I've camped there.

if they do, then there should be enough parking along the side of the road before the ticket booths.

They are currently ticketing there, better get some details . And they don't like bike riding after sunset.
I hate to be a Debbie Downer ,man, but we'll get something set up. I'll cruise down there this week.CYA

Sounds like fun, whenever the details are sorted out. If I'm not on this one, I'll make the next one.

Working night shift that night so probably wont see you. Unless I get fired for writing this on the work computer...

We'll ride soon. Check out the other events coming up for us too.

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride2010.html

--Rob

ok, here's the deal, I just called the park:

parking at the beach parking lots closes at 8:30pm. No parking is allowed anymore along the side of the road going into the park before the toll booths.

sooo... I suggest we meet at Lenny and Joe's on Rte 1, down the street from the beach about a 1/2 mile. Ride over to Hammy, enjoy the sites, ride back to Lenny and Joe's, eat, or ride farther and eat and drink at Chip's. we'll decide then.

see you there.

3 weeks from today!!

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

Back