Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

I saw this on craigslist and had to laugh all original except every thing is missing....

I have an old 28" bicycle from the teens or 20's,that is all original ,other than it has 27" wheels and tires. It is missing the pedals ,hand grips,and seat padding, but with those items added,it can be ridden. The tires and wheels are not as old as bike,but hold air good,and patina looks right. The red paint is original,as are pinstripes,and has partial decal on front downtube,that looks like it might read Premier? The front badge is missing,also, so you might add yours to bike. No trades.If ad is visible ,bike is here,and I will delete when sold.

Ok now the pickers syndrome is getting bad I had asked about a bike on a local facebook swap shop and the guy said he was going to hold out for the best price he could which I cant blame him, then someone posted this on his post:
i have 2 bicycles from the 40s if n e one interested n i know the value of them from american pickers and howard i have there phone number
I mean really do people depend on 2 guys from a TV show to get there pricing?

dragnusa said:
Ok now the pickers syndrome is getting bad I had asked about a bike on a local facebook swap shop and the guy said he was going to hold out for the best price he could which I cant blame him, then someone posted this on his post:
i have 2 bicycles from the 40s if n e one interested n i know the value of them from american pickers and howard i have there phone number
I mean really do people depend on 2 guys from a TV show to get there pricing?

It sucks.

otroo said:
http://yuma.craigslist.org/bik/3715991616.html

I almost want it lol.

Nice... that camper is a guy overseas, he actually goes camping in it and rides it around, there have been some art pieces done of him riding it and camping with it, cool creation.

OK guys, this is an ad I just posted a few minutes ago. I usually don't try to sell bikes around here, but I am going to try just to get these bikes out of my way.

Please critique my ad, my photos, my description, and even my pricing. Would these sell where you are? Tell me how you *really* feel. :lol: (and yes, I used the word "vintage")

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/bik/3717545904.html

I'll let you know if the ad gets any attention.

Also, will someone send me a "test" e-mail through CL so I can make sure my e-mail is filtering them out.

test email sent via CL messaging.

I think the price is fair for the two bikes. In the S.F. Bay area, the chrome one would fetch 100$ by itself, if you are patient enough.

I would remove the 'Chrome has some peppering of rust that can be removed with an oxalic acid bath or some steel wool WD40 and a little elbow grease' line.. to the target buyer of these kind of bikes, that might scare them off. Just say "Chrome has some very light surface rust that does not affect the ride of this fine bike"

clerkkent said:
test email sent via CL messaging.

I think the price is fair for the two bikes. In the S.F. Bay area, the chrome one would fetch 100$ by itself, if you are patient enough.

Agreed

Your pics are good so I would ditch the whole description of the chrome and how to clean it up, people around here would use that against you, especially with the obo added in there. Stick to simple and fair descriptions in as few words as possible without talking your own stuff down.

I tend to leave the obo out of my stuff, 99.999 % of the time they will offer you less, even if your asking $10 for a $100 bill. I will use "firm" in my listings when I'm sort of set on a ballpark to try and detour some of the low shots.

yoothgeye said:
Suggestions taken, rust talk removed as well as OBO.

as of 9am this morning- no change in your posting.. still mentions 'OBO' and acid.

You're right, I looked at the ad and it was still in there, so I clicked "Edit" and the changes were already made in the edit window, so I just saved the changes, maybe it will take this time. :?

Latest posts

Back