Burritos first ride....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My man Tyler took the burrito for its first ride today. He went to the store for honey buns. We love honey buns just about as much as we love this site. Next will be the details.
100_2270.jpg

I want to learn how to weld so bad, but I've never had the opportunity or access to a welder. When I'm done with my Degree in education I'm going to take a welding class so I can have fun during my summers off "creating".

MAD MR said:
Nice one !
This is our first ride too...
Me and my friend 10&6 (on left) on our owns
003xn1.jpg
Great rides. Bet they get some looks. I like your style. I also like the other bikes you guys did. Cool.

dude those are pretty sweet! i built burrito over the summer, but now that i look at it, i dont know weather to keep it the way it is or re-do it. its a simple design. what do you guys think?
(dont mean to jack the thread just want a lil opinion. :D )
Picture003.jpg

Cool. Simple designs aren't bad at all. It's practical and has great lines. I like your handlebar idea. I've got to extend my handle bars back and up just a notch. That will make for a little better ride. First I've got to get Tyler off of it. He has gone to the store on it everyday to get honey buns. I think he has claimed it.

i just took the Schwinn cruiser bars that came with the bike and cut them off at the top arc, then welded on some extentions from a crusty ole pair of apehangers. they're laid back a little bit to make it more comfortable to ride.
Picture001.jpg

strech, ya need to cut that seat post down some, we ride burrito's low.lol

Outlaw

Hmmmmm, hunny buns and burrito's thats like chili and chocolate milk. nice rides

Note to self>>Get your butt in gear and finish the burrito thats been in mock-up for over a year...These guys are having too much fun without me.

I didn't have a camara handy but.....Tyler found 2, 20" bikes on CL for $10.00 ea. They turned out to be about 3/4 mile from our work, soooooo.......
Tyler took the burrito and temporarily bolted 2 pieces of 1/4" flat stock to the rear axle and let it stick out past the rear wheel about 8" on each side. He ran a bolt through them crossways and using a bungy strap he hooked our aluminum hand truck to it laying down horizontal. He rode up and down some serious hills, loaded the 2 bikes on the hand truck, and rode all the way back. In fact I'd bet that someone in Durham, N.C. has a photo of him going (or towing) down the sidewalks on his way back. I agree with you, I don't see the comfort there but he says it rides great. But he's still young.
Wish I had my camera.

wow...he must have been feeling very frisky. Even on my lightweight schwinn 18speed mountain bike my knees start hurting after 10mins...but my family has a history of arthritis on both sides, no bueno. Yeah, im only 22 but feel like im 50 some days.

Age ain't nothing but a number. Praise the Lord for every number he gives you. Old fellow in Canada told me once, "I didn't just get to old to ride a bicycle, I got old because I quit riding bicycles". Keep riding, feel young, attempt to acheive the impossible on a daily basis.

yeah, i am 63 and ride Burritos are my fav, getting my 20" done and hope to have my 26" done before june.

Outlaw

Back