Building of TubCycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tank,
Just go to your local Harley dealer and get the free used ones.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That is still an option. My concern is with putting anything much bigger than the OCC size. Chain clearance and whatnot, ya know?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Trust me, I know. I am monkeying with that now using an old 5 speed freewheel.

This tubcycle is an amazing build. I can't believe the materials and effort that has went into it. Outstanding!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Tank,
Just go to your local Harley dealer and get the free used ones.

:!: :!: Guys, fall into your knees right now and thank God you live in the US!!!

September 14, 2011 4:00 pm. The parts are all painted and in the van now we start the hard part, DON’T SCRATCH THE PAINT!
DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

September 14, 2011. Here we have the bike together, not finished, but together. I still want to add some old school pen striping, add the decal on the tank, change out some bolts etc. and do some good cleaning. However, you now get a feel for what it is going to look like. Thanks to some great friends I will be at the Redneck Rumble.

DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

DSCN0258.jpg

WOW!! :mrgreen:

DSCN0258.jpg

Have a great time at the show.
Cheers Jonnie

September 18, 2011. I just returned home from the Redneck Rumble show in TN. As I had mentioned earlier I had no time to ride the bike before I went so I did not know what to expect. I arrived up there around 12:00 noon on Friday the 16th and there is already a good crowd of people. I get out the bike and I am so excited and when I went to ride it, it would no roll. The weight of my body I believed was causing the fender to ride on the tire. I get off and what had happened was, the rear end was lose and when I went to pedal it the wheel pulled up into the fender. Once I got this all figured out I hoped on it and it rode like a dream. With the 3 speed hub it rode effortlessly around the show for hours. I looked around at all the pen stripers and settled on J. Deez out of Parris TN to do the honors. He used only the color green to match the bike and it turned out great. I did notice the weight of my body was causing the seat to bow in the middle. (I weigh approximately 200 pounds and around 5’ 8” tall) So I bend it back and when the bike was finished I took off riding again. Well it came time to load the bike back up for the day and I realized to keep the seat from bending I sit too far back on the seat and the seat rail got into the paint on the rear fender. BUMMER! Needless to say I did not ride it any more at the show. I will now take the seat off and weld a support bar under the seat to keep it from bending in the future. As far as the bike wanting to tip over or ride on two wheels was not an issue. Only once when I took a right turn to fast that it came up on two wheels. I have added two pictures of a bicycle I came across at the show that was just too creative!!! I always love people who think outside the box. The man started out with at 3 wheel bike and ended up with an old school dragster. This was made out of muffler tubing! This man deserves a round of applause for a job well done.

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

WOW, I loved watching this build. It turned out waaay better than i expected. I hope you have lots of fun with this. I assure you that it will get many, many looks anywhere you are. that #33 rat rod in the first picture is really cool too!

Back