build this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
I could build that. A full scale pic would help, wonder what it would cost to mail a small package from Indonesia to here. ha ha

I am guessing he could send an electronic file and somebody could open and print it for you. He is using 3ds Max which is an AutoCad product.

there are some sacrifices you'll have to make to ride something that low, but that's part of the fun of a bike like this.

I really like what you've done with the front end geometry. not a lot of people are tucking the head tube in that tight, and it's nice to see it done that way. looks like it will have a nice ride to it, steering wise.

I agree with deoreman.... I'd at least put a short bobbed fender on there, just enough to keep the tire from giving your rear a good "scrub". I've crashed my MTB and been scrubbed like that, and it's uhhh... "unpleasant" to say the least. :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
At $900 for the program , I probably wont be buying one of them anytime soon....OUCH!!!!

haha..in indonesia, you can get that program about less than $1! or even you can downloaded it for free in the internet! thanks to piracy :lol:

finally...some intersded to build it! :lol: :lol:
i could send you a pdf or any other vector file so you can print anywhere there,if you want it....
since you cant depend on indonesian mail service :lol:

onelesspedestrian said:
there are some sacrifices you'll have to make to ride something that low, but that's part of the fun of a bike like this.

I really like what you've done with the front end geometry. not a lot of people are tucking the head tube in that tight, and it's nice to see it done that way. looks like it will have a nice ride to it, steering wise.

I agree with deoreman.... I'd at least put a short bobbed fender on there, just enough to keep the tire from giving your rear a good "scrub". I've crashed my MTB and been scrubbed like that, and it's uhhh... "unpleasant" to say the least. :shock:

I agree with you onelesspedestrian, you not just crank it, you have to go lift it every time there speedbump ahead :lol:

fender? think that a good idea...
Ill post pict later

a few mods, adding tanks..

4321399083_bbb82eb1de.jpg

4322137202_31f5ca041a.jpg

adding fenders and chainguard on black tire..
throw some floral ornaments

4327490624_6bf243ec84.jpg

I'm not much for fenders , but the tank looks killer. The whole concept looks good. Pretty sure I can build it . That is unless someone else wants to give it a try. I dont want to hog the designs. :lol:

antial said:
Uncle Stretch said:
At $900 for the program , I probably wont be buying one of them anytime soon....OUCH!!!!

haha..in indonesia, you can get that program about less than $1! or even you can downloaded it for free in the internet! thanks to piracy :lol:

finally...some intersded to build it! :lol: :lol:
i could send you a pdf or any other vector file so you can print anywhere there,if you want it....
since you cant depend on indonesian mail service :lol:

can you send dwg file?

Thanks Antial. Clancy's brother got the files done and Clancy sent me a copy. I'm going to see if Kinko's can blow it up to a life size and should be able to build it. Probably got a few weeks till I can get going on it. Need to ask my fab buddie how I can put two tubes together and not get too wide to weld at the neck....the rest should be a cake walk. So maybe in a month or so you can see your bike in reality. I hope others pick up on it too and maybe several of us can build it. :lol: An Antial bike design buildoff. :shock: :shock:

Dman said:
I can't stop looking at this thing - it is just SO right. Have almost convinced myself to have a go at it. I don't really like stealing designs but... :D
Its not stealing when he is giving it to you. I hope several people build it. I think it would be cool to see how it came out with 4 or 5 people doing the same bike. Unless your really good your build will have small differences that will make it unique to you. I copied a design on the one I'm doing now and it dosent look just like the original. Those twin tubes on the top are going to present a problem. If a person used 7/8'' schedule 40 pipe then the width of two tubes would be close to 2'' and the necks tubes I use are 1 1/2 ''. Getting them down to the neck size presents a small problem. You could miter both tubes ,but it would be a long angle to cut and to do two might take a little work.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Antial. Clancy's brother got the files done and Clancy sent me a copy. I'm going to see if Kinko's can blow it up to a life size and should be able to build it. Probably got a few weeks till I can get going on it. Need to ask my fab buddie how I can put two tubes together and not get too wide to weld at the neck....the rest should be a cake walk. So maybe in a month or so you can see your bike in reality. I hope others pick up on it too and maybe several of us can build it. :lol: An Antial bike design buildoff. :shock: :shock:

youre welcome Uncle Strecth..cant wait to see your effort to make it real...

"An Antial bike design buildoff?" woooow :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Dman said:
I can't stop looking at this thing - it is just SO right. Have almost convinced myself to have a go at it. I don't really like stealing designs but... :D

you dont have to steal it Dman, feel free to build it....i give you full permission :D
ill send a file of the bike if you want it....

Uncle Stretch said:
Dman said:
Its not stealing when he is giving it to you. I hope several people build it. I think it would be cool to see how it came out with 4 or 5 people doing the same bike. Unless your really good your build will have small differences that will make it unique to you. I copied a design on the one I'm doing now and it dosent look just like the original. Those twin tubes on the top are going to present a problem. If a person used 7/8'' schedule 40 pipe then the width of two tubes would be close to 2'' and the necks tubes I use are 1 1/2 ''. Getting them down to the neck size presents a small problem. You could miter both tubes ,but it would be a long angle to cut and to do two might take a little work.

yes, some people already PM me about want to build it and i gave them what they need about the design...see if they came out posting their build project in the bike build thread... :D

i think mitered a very long angle for the top tube is the fun part of it :lol: :lol:

on the miter cut, i was thinking that you could take the width of the neck tube outer diameter, find where there would be an even amount of pipe for both of the backbone pieces, find where they split apart and lay a straight piece of tape from point to point :?: or jig saw it in a straight line lol

Antial, If I had a bike building company I would hire you. Those 3D are the best I´ve seen. The design, outstanding, both of them. Congrats!!

If someone can build this is Uncle, go for it pal!!! :D

Back