BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
In last year's BO6, Petrohead had the number Six in his build name and bike, so I figure I will copy him since I need all the luck I can get.
My build name is now "FlexLiner 7".
The bolt on MetorFlite rear end is like two "7"s turned upside down.
And of course my head badge will be the RRB 007 badge .
My goal is to have Electra/Nirve/Felt build a FlexLiner 7 next year. :p :p :mrgreen:

They are already watching, be careful what you say, you wanna make sure they think it's their idea.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
In last year's BO6, Petrohead had the number Six in his build name and bike, so I figure I will copy him since I need all the luck I can get.
My build name is now "FlexLiner 7".
The bolt on MetorFlite rear end is like two "7"s turned upside down.
And of course my head badge will be the RRB 007 badge .
My goal is to have Electra/Nirve/Felt build a FlexLiner 7 next year. :p :p :mrgreen:

They are already watching, be careful what you say, you wanna make sure they think it's their idea.

I bet they build a G.I. Kilroy Sidecar. 8)

Peatbog said:
Gold Street Customs said:
Huffy's with sidecars in Walmart :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Impakt-Sidehack-BMX-Bicycle/12554957

images
WOW!!!!

I didn't link this because I thought it was pretty well know. A member on here has one and they are a pretty well built bike, good reviews.

I Believe it... But that's just weird....
BMX bikes,as far as I've ever known, were for off-road, trail riding, Jumping nuts crazy....
How pray tell do you do that with a sidecar .?.?.?

whoinphx said:
I Believe it... But that's just weird....
BMX bikes,as far as I've ever known, were for off-road, trail riding, Jumping nuts crazy....
How pray tell do you do that with a sidecar .?.?.?

Check out the movie "Sidehackers".

VonFink said:
Either a LOT of folks here do not understand Rule 3...or I don't understand it. Seems like every other build has some SIGNIFICANT frame reworking going on. :roll:

Tim

I think this is the biggest thing that's keeping me from entering this year, too many people refusing to play by the rules. I won't get worked up if I'm just sitting on the sidelines watching. :wink:

Rockit! said:
I think this is the biggest thing that's keeping me from entering this year, too many people refusing to play by the rules. I won't get worked up if I'm just sitting on the sidelines watching. :wink:

I hope my mod didn't cause someone to sit out, if so I would gladly evoke my frame change.

Rockit! said:

I've been waiting for my build to be called into question, my frame is remaining stock, but I'm leaning heavily on Rule#8 in that my sidecar is an accessory that I am attaching by welding.

Feel free to tell me how you feel about mine.

yoothgeye said:
Rockit! said:

I've been waiting for my build to be called into question, my frame is remaining stock, but I'm leaning heavily on Rule#8 in that my sidecar is an accessory that I am attaching by welding.

Feel free to tell me how you feel about mine.

I feel that a sidecar is an accessory. You are not modifying your original frame so you sir are good in my eyes...

My rear suspension is going to be basically be a bolt on, so I think I am in the clear. Let me know if anyone thinks otherwise.

It's been said in here over and over that the votes will determine the "legality" of the build, I feel that that is true for those of us who have been very involved in watching the build-off, but I guarantee that when Steve sends out the "time to vote" message the majority of the votes will come from forum members who have looked at no more than the final photos (that's what I did the first time I was here), so maybe it is up to us to call builders out. I'm not about to do it, I'm having fun.

However... I talked about this in our "hype-up" thread and at the end of the build-off there will be a "builders choice" vote, each builder who completed their build bike in the allotted time will reply to a thread with their public vote of which bike they would most like to have, in the open for all to see, they can also at the same time give props to others, but their main vote will help determine a builder's choice. Once again, builders only. Some may not like this, but nobody will be forced to participate.

Feelings on this?

I have seen lots of frames opened up to accept wider wheels/tires in many different ways, but none (yet) that I think no longer look like their stock frame. Creativity... I've seen a lot of that.

Wider stays, extended dropouts, adding sidecars, flipped frames...It's ALL been done before. If Steve or a moderator hasn't contacted you, and said UH_UH. Then you must be good to go. If you think someone violated the rules, just don't vote for them! Everything mentioned above, I think is ingenious. Anyone can do it.
Good Luck to everyone!

Stock frame
001-3.jpg

GEOMETRY changed
BBO23-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back