BUILD OFF #5 IS COMING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a new guy who wants in can you explan the rules. I have an idea in my warped brain and want to make sure it will fly. Thanks. Nevermind I found the thread.

one bike per person, but what about one person per bike? or can it be built in a team of two?

Rex Rattus said:
one bike per person, but what about one person per bike? or can it be built in a team of two?

I'd say it would be okay to have more than one person on a build if it's a Father/child situation.

After that you're sort of tipping the scales a bit.

Rat Rod said:
Rex Rattus said:

I'd say it would be okay to have more than one person on a build if it's a Father/child situation.

After that you're sort of tipping the scales a bit.

then we duel!

might i suggest an offchute for builders of the same town? i know that would more qualify for the "build challanges" area, but perhaps a challange for local bragging rights within the official buildoff? im sure there are at least a few guys in here that happen to live in the same place.
say, two guys that both live in LA enter the official build off, however neither win, could they still compete with their entries for bragging rights of their city [or even state]?
reverse miss america type deal. overall winner, regional winners.

May 1st, yep, I'm in.
I'm going to build a bike that I've been thinking about building for several years.
If you've seen some of my bikes, and you know about my other hobbies, you might understand. It could be a stretch of the imagination, but well within the RRBBO rules.
Got to warn you, it could be tagged as silly and certainly a little fishy.
I can't hardly wait.

dangratsdan said:
May 1st, yep, I'm in.
I'm going to build a bike that I've been thinking about building for several years.
If you've seen some of my bikes, and you know about my other hobbies, you might understand. It could be a stretch of the imagination, but well within the RRBBO rules.
Got to warn you, it could be tagged as silly and certainly a little fishy.
I can't hardly wait.

I've seen your work, Dan. Your creativity is off the charts. I'll be watching this one.

i am retired from the build off for now. i got my hands full with sensor and his challenge he laid down. but i will be watching for sure good luck to all.

yeah steve. :p im planning on finishing my goose project for the build off. its just a small pile of parts, so i hope its acceptable.

I have a frame that I cut the seat tube down on awhile back, is that still acceptable? Wish I had'nt cut it now. :|
100_1026.jpg

i've got a question. if i use a custom frame of a previously built ride, and turm it into a trike, does this count as a foctory frame?
IMG_3048.jpg

if it will help i can hang a "bicycle factory" sign in the basement. :D :lol: :D

Back