BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, if Rick wins, can we use the picture of him in his underoos??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

that's it, everyone vote for Ricks bike! :lol:

L M F A O!!!!! I WILL GET PICS OF ME IN MY UNDEROOS AND CHUCKS RIDING DOWN THE STREET!!! Rofl. Wow you guys, if u can pull it off, idont care if u use the pic of my in my underware. Im a man of my word. ;) Go for it ......

"I'm Batman!"
superhero.jpg

I'm noticing that the rule about not altering the geometry of the frame has been creatively danced around on quite a few bikes. all the extenders and extra bolt on pieces are making for some very cool rides! :lol:

gotta say im amazed at some of the bikes you guys have come up with :mrgreen:
every year the bar keeps going higher(not just the apes either :p )
had fun watching this one maybe by the next i wont be so burnt out and might have to join in again
good luck guys and great builds!

not a criticism but I'm noticing a trend toward lots of fabrication work going on. I really like what everyone is coming up with. also some of the bikes look like full restorations. mine looks like what it is, junk from my back yard :lol:

fleetwood your right i have noticed it too. i think that if i had brought the ratty truck into this comp it would have been stomped lol. it is so hard to keep up with the other builders that i personally feel making one of parts is one way to try and stick out whether good or bad. but come on your bike is sick and dont worry if you end up not liking it send it my way i really dig that bike's lines. everyone should be proud it has been said before but each year the bar gets raised but that is just natural progression when your building kustoms whether it be bicycles, motorcycles, or cars. it can only get bigger and more grand.

I agree with karfer, the progression is steadly going upwards. As of this post there are 42 finished builds and as I was going over them tonight I found them all keepers. 42 winners !
Edit: Fleetwood, you built yours by hand. Be proud of your art. Ride on proud!

GL

37fleetwood said:
not a criticism but I'm noticing a trend toward lots of fabrication work going on. I really like what everyone is coming up with. also some of the bikes look like full restorations. mine looks like what it is, junk from my back yard :lol:
Agreed!....A lot of great bikes being "fabbed". For me personally, I like plain and simple for this build off. Let the lines of a stock frame shine, for what they are. Again NOT a criticism, just an opinion. Build what you like, but don't be surprised to see an English bike or ladies bike or even an old Schwinn with a big set of "bells" win..........Maybe I'll get in on an anything goes build, but for now I'm kinda having fun just doing what I'm doing.

I had an idea while I was looking through the previous buildoff threads.

I think it would be cool to have a thread with a single photo of each bike in the buildoff, like a summary thread showing every bike as you scroll down. It might be a lot of work doing that, just an idea.

it is really hard to decide each year what to do. go nearly stock with a color change? go with accesories, or go full tilt boogie and do something edgy and nuts that others may or may not like? then there is what do you base your bike on? i think it is cool that this year there are more non traditional bikes being used as a base it gives members voting more choices and between the ladies bikes and english bikes this is a well rounded group. i personally still prefer the fat tire cruisers but they are all cool no mater what. and to who is going to win it is a toss up who knows but i think it will be close like it was last year. i was curious as to how the voting was going to be done this year? i know last year we could vote for 3 bikes our personal 1st 2nd and 3rd with each bike chosen getting one point. steve may i make a suggestion to the points system? i like the idea of voting for the

I'll create another poll and let each member have three choices again.

Will also have to build another gallery for the bikes that are entered...it's too hard to decide without one.

agreed unless you have been following along with all the builds it is hard to tie a name with a bike sometimes. sorry i got cut off before what i was going to suggest about the points system is that 1st gets 3 points, second 2 points, and third 1 point. that way the bikes that are chosen by each member in order are rewarded for being more popular with each member. we did this at autorama last year and it worked very well infact dont think that it will create a different result because in two classes we had two ties that requiered a coin toss. not sure how you would set it up but the current system makes it hard if you have two or three bikes that are popular in the voting but one is down by a few. but if a person who liked the one in second better voted it as first, and the first bike as second then the result will stay the same. it is just a thought.

weighting the points would make it harder for me to choose my 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I'm pretty sure I can just pick three right now, but if I had to weight the choices I don't think I could choose between my top two, so I'd prefer to see voting like last time.

Back