BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
on the flip side the new lay out is challenging too because i think a lot of us got a lot done early then procrastinated thinking we had all the time in the world then have all realized at once that it is just around the corner.

I fall into this category. I think I've finalized my plans, though... it's still gonna be tight.

man you can almost hear a pin drop the tension is getting to me. one thing i dig about this year is the battles of the ladiesbikes v.s. the cruisers v.s. the trikes v.s. the english bikes. should get real interesting

karfer67 said:
man you can almost hear a pin drop the tension is getting to me. one thing i dig about this year is the battles of the ladiesbikes v.s. the cruisers v.s. the trikes v.s. the english bikes. should get real interesting
did anyone notice that I'm building a lightweight?
iconpound3vw.gif

actually I just wanted to light a Schwinn on fire and this is the only one I have that fits the bill :mrgreen:

hey fleetwood does that mean if you put drop bars on it then it will be a boardlight? or maybe a weightboard?

maybe kind of a stretch but if I chop it up with a saber saw a bit can I call it a light-saber?
(Jedi Squirrels for your entertainment)
for_B3ta_jedi_squirrels.jpg

well, it's official, Schwinns burn :mrgreen: who knew :roll:
I'll post a pic on my build thread, but just a glimpse for now. :lol:

dang guys....
i had it in my head my 3 favorite bikes(not including mine) 2 weeks ago. some complete some not. now that all these completed bikes are flying in i'm really torn.
i know this thread is for talkin' trash, but you guys and gals have really put together some top notch bikes.

I finally got mine out for a ride today. what a relief! I wasn't that worried, as a former shop mechanic, I know something will work just by wrenching on it, but that doesn't take away from the big smile the first ride gives you. Couldn't have celebrated my birthday any better than that.

Don't know if I'm gonna make it! Between work, and rebuilding my two trucks and getting my trailer ready (going camping at the end of this week). AND a problem with the bike. Shortened the steering tube, I swear the heat from welding warped the threads, could not get it back together. I'm going to cut a brand new fork and try another steering tube..........This is my 4th build off, never win, but I've ALWAYS finished before. If I start something I like to finish it! I'll be really disappointed if I don't.

I hope i actually finish in this build off...
Ive entered Most ...And only finished one.

I still have all the bikes ive entered
The Union Jack is still awaiting attention, Its in no way going to be sold...or anything like that

Now, The delorean is about 10% completed
And i have 6 days...ill make it

Thought I'd post this here too...

I've been trading emails with Brad Evans, Publisher of Kickstand Magazine.

Looks like they will be doing an article on this year's Build Off and will feature the winning bike/builder in their October issue.

This should up they ante a bit. :wink:

Oh, yeah, that didn't add any pressure...at all... :?

Latest posts

Back