Brimfield MA (Antiques, flea market)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brimfield MA puts on one of the largest antiques and flea markets in the country, could take you 2-3 days to see everything.............So, I picked up these two (didn't plan on buying anything) for a total of $100. A Cleveland Welding, that I think was someones "hot rod" in the 60's. Front fender was removed, slick on the rear, some stickers added. The dealer asked me what the rods from the handle bars to the front axle were for.....SO, in the most EXPERT voice I could muster up, I said, " I don't know".

Next is a Murray Meteor Flite, rides, and is all there.....Brand new tires. There were a number of other bikes there, priced HIGH, but I wasn't paying someones "mortgage" payment for the month. :roll: .......I didn't need anymore bikes, don't know what I'm gonna do with these two!
001-26.jpg

002-25.jpg
003-12.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

Nice Finds, Nice Price, a friend of mine asked me to go with him on Tuesday, then again on Thursday. Guess I should've gone, I would have been all over that CW

KOTA! Please don't cut up that CW frame, Please come by my place and take a pile or two of bikes and leave me that one. Really though those are sweet, I think the extra bars are to brace the front end, If you want to get rid of the frame let me know I need a build off frame

I would polish up that CW and leave it just like that. Maybe a kicked back seat post but that's it! :D Good score.

Hey Larry,

I talked to my dad today. He didn't see those bikes at Brimfield, but he told me he saw an Apple Krate for $275. Apparently he tried to call, but I wasn't home. He didn't know if it was an original or a repro so he didn't buy it. I was wondering if you saw it? Tell me it was a repro so I don't loose sleep over that. :cry:

Dan

Traded to another member........I think it's gonna be a build off bike (maybe).........If I find em, you guys can have em.

Dan, It was an ORIGINAL Apple Crate, I got the guy down to $215. But it had a flat, so I walked away.....
.Sorry Dan I didn't see it...........Saw an Excelsior for $170, Woman's Monarch $275, lots of old Raleighs for $200+ A few Schwinn middle weights $300-$400 (no better condition then the Murray I bought)......PROBABLY would have bought a few more, but the ONLY ATM machine was off line........I really want a Raleigh folding "Twenty", but I wasn't willing to pay $450..... It would actually take at least two days to check everything out, and you never know who's got ...a....bike. I'm sure I missed a lot of bikes.

KOTA you old dog! Nice finds. Some times we can be a day late and a dollar short. I must show my wife this post 'cause she has been trying lately to get me to take her there. Maybe I won't show her the post and I'll take her out of the kindness of my heart :wink: . I see points coming!

GL

I bet the big bike was badged a Roadmaster...the "struts" were pretty much used for decoration, reflectors..flags etc. For some reason I want to say...I've seen them advertised as "parade bars" or something??

I've hear them called crashbars... so if you hit things while riding they don't break your light or something? :lol: I think they were made purely as an accessory item probably... maybe to stiffen up the front end, or maybe as a parade decoration or as crash protection- who knows.

THAT'S IT. I'm going next year. :lol: ...in all seriousness. Great pictures!

And another bike added to the "bucket list"... original black Schwinn corvette... those are beautiful. 8)

Back