"BOARDER PATROL"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ten bucks :?: :shock: And it has sirens :?: That would be hard not to pull the trigger.No pun intended.
Your bike is getting better and better :!: The red "bullet" light gives a great period look :wink: And that's cool 8) 8)

I think I'm liking the bullet light better too.

I've not ridden BOARDER PATROL yet. When I took it to the show last weekend, there wasn't a chain on it and the tires weren't lined up in the frame. But I like your idea of meeting up with some bike units to see what they think! There's just not many around me.

I have really liked to look of the boat lights on Fugsley and I do like the one on the back of Boarder Patrol too.
You are probably right that it may fit the vintage vibe of your build.

Genius detail award of the day goes to you sir!!
302972512-vi.jpg

Thank you all again! I like posting up stuff when I need help 'cause I can get honest opinions. Sometimes I need a little help thinking out things. I've got a couple more little detail parts to add to I later to add to some authenticity.....or at least I think so.

Any new finishing touches?

kingfish254 said:
Any new finishing touches?

It's been too dangerous to go over to the shop lately. This guy has the barn surrounded and we all know how they reproduce!! :shock:

ZombieBunny-vi.jpg

That and I've been helping Aaron with his multiple 4-H projects and trying to get some stuff done for my car being restored. So no free time for me.... :cry: I'm off this weekend but it's a car show weekend locally and I've got some friends coming in from out of state.

I was finally able to do a little something last night on BOARDER PATROL. The past week has been focused on a car show over the weekend. Not that its over, BACK TO BUILDIN'!

Added a little detail to the springer to cover the hole. I didn't want to use a nut & bolt. This is a pin for a motor officer's dress uniform:
01Jul2012emblem-vi.jpg

Mounted the rear taillight. The box that was on the rack previously is getting repainted right now:
01Jul2012taillight-vi.jpg

And I got the siren put back together and mounted with the other police equipment. I have to wire them all up still:
01Jul2012headlight-vi.jpg

Slick work as usual!!!

One other concern: That very awesome brake band... does that have the length to get caught in the spokes? I'd hate for the first right turn you make destroy some part of the bike or hurt you.

CRASH said:
One other concern: That very awesome brake band... does that have the length to get caught in the spokes? I'd hate for the first right turn you make destroy some part of the bike or hurt you.

I worried about that too when I got it but it's going to clear. I dont think I'll be making to many hard turns on this one anyway. Well, unless I'm in pursuit or something..... :wink:

Peatbog said:
That light/siren set-up looks really cool. The taillight looks like it was born there. The little button is also a sweet addition.

Basically, let's just say the whole thing is blazin'.

Thank you sir! That means a lot coming from a craftsman like yourself!

Peatbog said:
You're welcome and thanks. The black and white just looks classic on this bike. Which of course means we need more pictures so look at.

The only thing I've done is repaint the box that sits on the rear rack. I didnt take any pics tho....

Latest posts

Back