BMX / Skateboard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two good finds last week... first, this totally radical Team Schwinn sporting some old school parts like... Oakley III grips, Ukai rims, Sugino race sprocket, KKT lightning pedals, Elina seat, blue comp III tires, and my favorite... Race Inc. Bars :D
016.jpg

Then... holy cow... I cant believe I was able to get my hands on this super rare Sims Lonnie Toft 8 wheeled skateboard with original tracker trucks, sims snake wheels, Sims race bearings, rails and tail guards. I bought it from the original owner... who also gave it a custom paint job...lol. I believe he said he bought it new in 1978. I've been trying to get one of these for... forever :D
014.jpg

015.jpg

Man...... love the Toft! Can't believe u got one. At one time I had one of them but it broke in half in front of the rear trucks. :(
Have a Gordon & Smith Warptail with rubber grip tape that made it and this Hawk from the days with Mike Crum and Jeff Phillips.

hawk.jpg

hawk1.jpg

You guys are speaking another language. :lol:

Mybike, what is that board worth? I can sadly say that if I saw that at a flea market, I wouldn't even stop to look at it. lol

Jeff, that's a sweet board! I wish I had half of the boards that I had when I was growing up... but I'm not complaining, I've got a pretty good collection going on now :D
Danimal, You know the old sayin "it's only worth what the other guy is willing to pay"... well... I've seen these things sell on ebay (when they come up...almost never) between $700 and $2000.... with no real reason why there is a big price difference... but I got it for an unbelievable price... after negotiating with the original owner for over a year and a half.

Did well my man! Toft rules the pools :p

Oh Man! I need that 8 Wheeler. I have been looking for one of those for years! My last name is Toft... no relation that I know of. If you ever get bored of the board and want to sell or trade it, please let me know!

Awesome! That board is Sick!! I still have a Caballero Metal Dragon complete and a Ray Underhill complete that I skate on my 3 foot mini ramp. :D

Latest posts

Back