TRADITIONAL It's SUPER ELLIOT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
titler.jpg

Super Elliot bicycles were made in Adelaide, South Australia from 1902 to the 1970s.
Here's the site with the brand's history:
http://classicsuperelliotts.net/

I've wanted a trike for a while, so when I saw this example on marketplace going cheap I figured it was a natural for BO19.

It's rough and will be a challenge - but I'm all-in.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The tear down begins tonight.

1-2048x1553.jpg

Last edited:
That already has a lot of character. This should be fun!

Great to see you back again with a twist this time around; three wheeled fun!

You had me at that 'Super Elliott' cartoon. :nod:

Awesome! I have never heard rim brakes called perimeter brakes. I will add that to my vocabulary.

I am really curious how the freewheel mounts onto the axle. I am sure you will get to that and I will be following.

Awesome! I have never heard rim brakes called perimeter brakes. I will add that to my vocabulary.

I am really curious how the freewheel mounts onto the axle. I am sure you will get to that and I will be following.

Cheers - I guess I got that from Erik Buell - he called them that on the XB series when I got to hang out with him on a few model launches.

The Freewheel is secured with a cotter pin and a notch in the axle.

Love how it is a 'normal bike' without the rear shaft. And that 'three sprocketed' freewheels looks great. Great design.

I can imagine you'll be keeping the original spirit alive and I think this will be a great bike, but I think this front wheel modification would look pretty sweet with this one. Can even be done without cutting parts off the original:

:thumbsup:

Love how it is a 'normal bike' without the rear shaft. And that 'three sprocketed' freewheels looks great. Great design.

I can imagine you'll be keeping the original spirit alive and I think this will be a great bike, but I think this front wheel modification would look pretty sweet with this one. Can even be done without cutting parts off the original:

That would be awesome!

Oh, no! Another project idea I'm going to have to try. Thanks for posting it!

@BDC I'm loving the video updates. Very cool project.

Back