Birthday present for my son. New picture! And movie!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I asked my oldest what he'd like for his 9th birthday, and he said: "Only a bike!" :D But it had to be a long one. So I got this of of our version of Craigslist.
696105559_ee443653a9.jpg

It's a quite 'cheap' brand, the welding isn't very tidy, stickers are crap, but other then that it's okay, nice 24" wheels. And what I like about this one is that the seat can quite easily be made more to the back, if my son gets taller.
Took the bike apart, and smoothed out the bad welds and cleaned most of the paint of, especially where the stickers were (looked like they were IN the paint...)
Wanted to do a thin blue line here and there, But the nozzle on the can was crap, so there was a lot of blue :shock: But that made me want to use this baby-blue on a future build :D
696105651_84230f554e.jpg

Made stripes with thin tape, flat-blacked it and took tape off:
696105665_686e3b20f5.jpg

Gonna add a clear-coat later.

I like that. The new paint job looks tough. The wrap on the bars look good too. Lucky son.

Yeah hes lucky, i love that bike! Nice work man!!!

The paint came out great. It has an early bmw flavor to it.

WOW...I'm impressed!!!

Your version of a paint job certainly blows away the original.

This is turning into a very cool bike.

Thanks a bunch! :D
Yeah, you're right Larry, is has an old BMW look to it. I reminded me of something, but I could place it...

I do think the bike is becoming very black (did the tape on the handlebars to cover some rust, and the fork had a strange grey colour I wanted to get rid of). Perhaps I should just call it Black Beauty and not think about it too much :lol:

WOW that is long. The paint scheme came out great. Now off to your son to decide what is best.

Back