Bike Dumping Conspiracy?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supposedly it's a thing to rent a bike and throw it in rivers/canals when done with it. Prior to hearing about this, I thought that Europeans in general were better behaved.

. . . I thought that Europeans in general were better behaved.

That’s just American TV marketing propaganda, designed to sell you things that are modern and European. When they figure out how to make something easier and cheaper in America, they called it “Euro-style.”

I saw some bike dumplings in cities but wow! That is a lot. I don't know the frequency this boat passes by, maybe its after a year or ten years.

I do find it sad to see people abusing rented or even their own bikes. Many cheap bikes are built (in China) to use and throw away unfortunately, mainly in larger cities.

In smaller towns around me I see more mechanical empathy.

I thought that Europeans in general were better behaved.
Many are and some are not. I can't tell you where the percentage lies 😉
I'm hecitant to judge, but people in cities with no mechanical interest whatsoever tend to throw these away the easiest. But still hard to put a finger on it.

We could start a bike shop with these bikes and materials!

As I recall, the narrator says that he does this on a yearly basis, by contract to the local government.
Silly of me, I watched the video without any sound. Excuse me for that.

I stunned, that is a lot :crazy2:

Oh man, Amsterdam. Here smoke this Hans. How's that? Feeling good yet?
Here, drink this. Now? Good. Okay, take this bike and jump the canal. Yes.
Yes you can. Yes! Do it! And there he goes!!! YES!!! SPLASH!! Awww. .....
So close. Hey, Van der Klutz, take this bike and try it again. Yes you can. Here,
smoke this. Now, try it again! :giggle:

I forgot about the culture there.

But what I was considering is that almost nobody there has a car, so how you want to get away from any crime is on someone else’s bicycle.

And then the evidence must disappear.

Back