bike clubs?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kickstand Crawlers and the Knuckledraggers are pretty cool! 8)

once upon-a-time i actually had my own lowrider/mini truck club...... still have my jacket :lol:
100_1838.jpg

For "lazy" guys, like ME.......The COUCH COASTERS.

If anyone takes my name, I want a commission on it:

The Dropouts

:)

I think a couple of ads in a local paper that "new club now forming" will attract a core group
of the right kind of people. That worked this year as we got "Bike New London" off the ground
and years ago a VW club formed around here called Shoreline Vee Dubs that was started the
same way.

Good luck!
--Rob

sssidewinder said:
Lots of good names already. Here's a couple i thought of that sounded kool:

The Bent Spokes

The Pedal Draggers

NLCTVWguy said:

The Dropouts

:)

I think a couple of ads in a local paper that "new club now forming" will attract a core group
of the right kind of people. That worked this year as we got "Bike New London" off the ground
and years ago a VW club formed around here called Shoreline Vee Dubs that was started the
same way.

Good luck!
--Rob

sssidewinder said:
Lots of good names already. Here's a couple i thought of that sounded kool:

The Bent Spokes

The Pedal Draggers

dropouts is home of the bike that stole my heart and started my burrito obsession. (we need a in love smiley face option :lol:)

burrito1.jpg

Also run an ad in the Craigslist bike ads. It would help to already have several people together ("Join us" as opposed to "Join me").

The Chain Guards
Wooden Men on Iron Bikes
The Heavy Cruisers (unless you're personally heavy, in which case, people would take it wrong)
Main Street Rollers, Main Street Coasters, etc.
Bruisin' Cruisers

What I've noticed around here, for myself, is that there's not enough interest in any one thing. I like to ride, not dawdle, not pub cruise, and so that puts me into the charity rides and stuff, as opposed to anything involving cruiser bikes.

StephenH said:
Also run an ad in the Craigslist bike ads. It would help to already have several people together ("Join us" as opposed to "Join me").

The Chain Guards
Wooden Men on Iron Bikes
The Heavy Cruisers (unless you're personally heavy, in which case, people would take it wrong)
Main Street Rollers, Main Street Coasters, etc.
Bruisin' Cruisers

What I've noticed around here, for myself, is that there's not enough interest in any one thing. I like to ride, not dawdle, not pub cruise, and so that puts me into the charity rides and stuff, as opposed to anything involving cruiser bikes.

thats a great idea ima try that i just like to build really ive never pub cruised and have never been interested in riding alone i like to cruise as a club/family

NLCTVWguy said:

The Dropouts
SkidMark said:
CCR said:
I always thought "the Dropouts" would be cool sounding club name

maybe "the Stink-Town Dropouts" ..... nah on second thought that could be shortened to the STD's :roll: guess im terrible at this !!!

That name is taken.

1978543703_6d4257c547_o.jpg

If you want to start a club, find two more people who wants to ride. map out a fun and interesting route and ride. after the first ride make a time to get together next and each of you invite two people, again mapping a fun route make your rides on the same day each week. soon you will ragular riders, and if the interest is there you can find a good club name and a club is born.

If you just pick a name and hope people join up with you, some people won't like the name and soon some body will want to change the name becuase they thought up a new name.
If you go on craigelist you may end up with a ride like citical mass and then you can talk to people who ride bikes like yours.

Find the people then work into a name.

I've been to same of the Coasters events and I must say for an informal club they have big turnouts. We had a great time at the Mid-West Bike Fest this year.

my two cents, Don

69 schwinn said:
so is anyone on here interested in maybe joining and if ur outa state then maybe u can start a chapter

You could also do it the other way around ... find an existing club and contact them and start a chapter ... there are lots of nice clubs to join

Latest posts

Back