Best live concert...ever?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I play air guitar
famguychris_noGuitar_05_72.jpg

I play acoustic and electric guitar, bass, mandolin, & ukelele. I started out as a drummer, but haven't played in a long time. I play the djembe (african hand drum) off and on when the opportunity arises.

I wanna learn how to play the harmonica and accordian, but I think my wife would strangle me during the learning process.

In the house, we have a djembe, drum set, 3 guitars, a uke, and a mandolin. I have been looking for an upright acoustic bass (rockabilly baybee!) and an inexpensive (impossible) accordian.

music is life...

i played trumpet in elementary school, i started playin bass when i was 9/10, cut up a buncha nerves in my hand, started playin guitar cause it was easier to strum than thump (i still cant hold a pick for more than 10 seconds though so i dont use one), started playin banjo, then mandolin, always had a piano around so i can play chords and keep rythem but no fancy classical stuff. i also play a mean kazoo and slide whistle from time to time!!!!. P.S. i envy drum players, i will honestly never be able to play play the drums.

top 3 concerts -
1) RAMSTEIN / family values tour a long time ago - whatta show !!!! rocket launchers, lasers, explosions, rocket boots, flame throwing guiters, flips, jumps etc....

2) Pixies / reunion tour thing at Chicago, i cant think of a bad song they play

3) Radiohead / KID A @ ST Louis (i think it was POINTFEST?), played alot of different album stuff though (everytime ive seen Nickel Creek live, theyve always done a killer Radiohead bluegrassy style cover)

Its hard to pick one but..........I'll go with Blind Melon,Pearl Jam,&Neil Young in Portland Or.94 I think. But I loved the 3x I saw the Ramones.Or Metallica 4x. Even the Grateful Dead 7x.(Dont be hatin on the hippies! Only band I saw that had every age and walk of life at it.) The Surf Punks in 86 @ Hunington Beach OP Pro (Ca) was pretty nice.And yeah I think I would go see Halen! L8

I was invited in 1973 to attend a Student Government Assoc. monthly dance at Jacksonville State Univ. in N. Alabama and no one had ever heard of the band. They called themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd. There was probably 100 people there in a 3500 sq. ft. venue. They had just recorded a new song and thought they would try it out on us. The song was Sweet Home Alabama. I also got to see Duane Allman and Dickey Betts play Whipping Post and You Don't Love Me before that. Thanks!!!

Sooooo many to chose, last year I finally got to see B.B. King, 81 yrs old and sat in a chair the whole show! He and his band where over the top, awsome show! :D And I've seen Static-X 7x and I can't speak the next day! Dozen Ozfests, KISS 3x on reunion tour, and Damage Plan with HateBreed and Drowning Pool, last time Dimebag Darrel (R.I.P.) was in Fort Wayne. That show means that if your favorite band is coming, don't sit at home, GOOOOO!!!

It's hard to pick my favorite show.

Slayer in 2006 was the most powerfull show i've seen.
Marillion at the end of the 80' was the most magical.
Van Halen 1984 tour was just great.

I saw tons of show, a lot of great one but theses were some of the best...

Hey tiki. Those were the days weren't they!!! Think of all the legends that were on top 40 AM. Back seat full of eighttracks. Wolf Man Jack on Saturday night. Gas at 32 cents a gallon. 350 horsepower under the hood. Sweetie sitting beside you. Man it's time to go for a ride!!!!

Back