Best live concert...ever?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw Uriah Heep once and they were GREAT!!! I'm more of a metalhead but have a soft spot for classic stuff! I also got onstage with Alice Cooper once and that was cool!!!(til I got kicked out! :roll: )

that's a hard one to answer...

I would have to say that when "Tool" came through
Vancouver abot 7 months ago it was one of the BEST concerts I have seen
EVER!

But then again 2 years ago I saw Tom Waits in a Small Venue
and it was so intimate and personal it is up there as well!

I also have a blast every time I see
"The tragically Hip"

AC-DC Back in Black tour 1980!!!! they dropped angus from the cieling on a big bell he was hitting with a hammer for "hellsbells"

close was last year buckcherry
and in 1990 I got to go and meet blues legend Buddy Guy and he jammed for us in his hotel room with 6 people!
I have seen so many bands over the years I cannot possible remember them lol
in the last 2 years stone sour. slipknot. godsmack Metallica. disturbed. saliva. buckcherry. hurt. evans blue. godhead. Ra. ten years. Ill Niño. flyleaf. powerman 50000(rob Zombies brother). shinedown. and that doesnt include local favorites Inch 75. North of Grand, Easteighteen, mindrite. tentonhalo.freaklabel
and evanescence and finger eleven next week :)

Markm said:
hey kev, I saw the Tool show in Chicago...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

His Mohawk was awesome..
The production was GREAT!
The sound was perfect..and flippin loud! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and the Bass Playing..well..uhhh...
Hmmm...what do I say about the bass playing..

without a doubt "Justin Chancellor is the best Bass player in the WORLD!

and Danny Carey..well....HE IS AN ATHLETE!

Beach Boys when I was five...........Oh wait how could I forget about Jimmy Buffet at the Gorge in George,WA ....Twice. The stage was backdroped by the Columbia River and we camped in the field. Wild time.

I can't remember I was to .......but I got to here this old rocker up close and personal last year, anyone recognize him ?
fktmp22_0060.jpg

he still rocks and that Baker was too nice

Hooch said:
AC-DC Back in Black tour 1980!!!!
close was last year buckcherry
and in 1990 I got to go and meet blues legend Buddy Guy and he jammed for us in his hotel room with 6 people!

BUCK CHERRY ROCKS! HEY YOUR A CRAZY "BEEP" BUT YOU "BEEP" SO GOOD IM ON TOP OF IT! AHH I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
Godsmack puts on a decent show.

Zombie is pretty killer live too.

The last time I saw Megadeth (last year) they kicked some major butt too.

Godsmack-Voodoo And that best that i can song kick butt!
Robzombie rocks!
and megadeath is pretty good only song i reall know by them is symphony of destruction.. Sweet

Beach boys were like my favorite band growing up, first whole song i could sing (i was 3) was little deuce coupe Ha i miss them im going 2 listen now "in my room" Who here likes ricky nelson? i like him

george clinton and the p-f unk allstars with bootsy.

which time? they were all great. I think the best was at world famous tipitinas in new orleans. george's 13 year old grandson played guitar. they played for 11 hours straight.

the second best was at the ambassador club in st. louis. we bought the tickets online and didn't know anything about the venue. when we got there (being 2 white kids in tshirts and jeans) realized it was an older crowd, black gentlemens dinner club. everyone was in their sunday best. we were the only white kids there and everybody looked at us like we were aliens. when we ended up in the front dancing, every person in there became our best friends. we didnt pay for a single drink and i think we got adopted about 12 times. also, we got dinner with the show. soul food is the best.

i've seen bad brains, with the original line up 3 or 4 times... any bad brains show is worth mentioning...

i saw david bowie in a small club in boston.... that comes pretty close to a "best show"

kev, i am jealous you got to see tom waits live... :shock:

i've seen nick cave and the bad seeds twice... that comes pretty close as well.

some other shows ive seen:

.... dale, twice.
reverend horton heat
the ventures
man, or astroman?
slayer
suicidal tendencies
s.c.o.t.s.
a band i was in, opened for Fugazi
sublime
nuclear assault
firehose
ramones
blondie
tool
a perfect circle
fishbone

man, i could go on all night... i've been going to shows for 22 years, and i'm 32... could never pick a "best"...

I can't say Fishbone was the best concert I've seen...but by far the craziest. I also saw Black Flag when I was nineteen. A friend and I went with his college roomate. I had never heard of them, or been to a punk concert before. I almost pooped my pants it was so new/bizarre/amazing for me. I had never seen a crowd spit at a band before. I also got kicked in the neck for the first time at a concert. Wasn't the last time though. I think I've had to get new glasses twice because of stage diving/moshing/crowd surfing.

The most amazed I've ever been at a concert was Martin Sexton. He's a folk/Americana singer-songwriter. Outstanding guitarist, but an AMAZING vocalist. I consider myself a pretty good singer, but his complete abandon and ability to use his voice as an instrument is almost overwhelming. I almost am too stunned watching him perform that I don't enjoy the concert as much as I should. He plays the Boulder Theatre about twice a year, but I first saw him at a coffee house in Rolla, mo for about 45 people. His Black Sheep album is one of my desert island CD's.

The best concert I seen was Propagandhi, AVAIL, and Fabulous Disaster at Bogarts in Cinicinnati,OH. AVAIL is a must to see live!

Also seen Agnostic Front with The Casualties, and Sick of it All.

Rise Against (old), Shai Hulud, and Good Riddance. But Good Riddance bassist went to jail so they didnt play.

bass player

Clothespin "n" said:
Markm said:
hey kev, I saw the Tool show in Chicago...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

His Mohawk was awesome..
The production was GREAT!
The sound was perfect..and flippin loud! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and the Bass Playing..well..uhhh...
Hmmm...what do I say about the bass playing..

without a doubt "Justin Chancellor is the best Bass player in the WORLD!

and Danny Carey..well....HE IS AN ATHLETE!

umm i might have to disagree on justin chancellor being the best bass player in the world, just recently i went to a show called BX3 and if you know who Billy Sheehan or Stu Hamm, or Jeff Berlin, you might change that statment,, check em out : http://www.bx3tour.com/

Latest posts

Back