bars go one way, forks go the other

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BillyOlds said:
just a thought, why not run curved forks but backwards? it might look stupid but worth a shot if ur thinking of throwing in the towe

curving the forks backward would give him even more trail. The other folks had it right--too much trail. A longer fork or outward curved fork that puts the wheel out further might make the thing ridable. Check out some of those low-rider springer forks, the throw the front wheel out several inches.

deadman13 said:
i was thinking of that. problem there is that the bike, upright, is 3" off the ground as it is.
You might be able to add spacers or a longer spring between the spring mountings, and use one of those replica repops they sell with a long 9 inch neck tube, with a spacer on the crown(i.e.under bottom inner bearing race). On the other hand you may not want to spend the 70 clams on something without knowing how much good it will do.

well, good news and bad: start with the "bad"

i dont and wont have a welder for some time. i can weld, just cant do a whole lot other. so i could weld a purty bike...then blah.

the good: i swapped the bars for the ones the bike was made for ( i asked for apes...i got both sets) and it seems to be easier now that im leaned over more. which is odd, but i guess they move the c.o.g. forward. figures, when i find someone to buy it and theyre coming tomarrow. oh well.

anyone wanna build me a bike?

also, the bike is almost 8 ft long (7' 11" from tire to tire.), frame itself is 4' 10", with forks is 5' 10" and sits at the bottom of a crank arm at its lowest is like, 7" i think. may have seen that wrong....

Back