ARIZONA BICYCLE FEST...it's true believe it or not

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went by a LBS on the way home tonight and sure enough there was a stack of postcards on the counter ..APRIL 14TH in Mesa.

ARIZONA BICYCLE FEST. SO go to http://www.azbikefest.org for all the details. Looks like a swap meet..kids friendly events..rides through downtown Mesa and all kinds of cool stuff. Hard to believe with as weak as it is out here..but we actually have some kind of event. YEA Mesa..way to go. Hopefully the guys on here from Arizona can get together out there and take a RAT ROD BIKES.com ride and spread the word for this awesome site

ARIZONA BICYCLE FEST & Swap

431107_369090576455052_111170282247084_1142121_1718813950_n.jpg

Figured I would give this a bump for this Saturday. Come buy stuff! I'm not going to bring out as much stuff as I did at the last swap in Tucson but I will still have a good load of parts and other miscellaneous things.

I hope to see all you RRB members out there tomorrow...

I'll be riding my Columbia Jet Rider bike...

PICT4617.jpg

I've done a bit of work to her....

IMPORTANT Please check the post I did on "Bike Talk" - "Stolen in Phoenix"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55464

If You See It Let Me Know, I'll be looking for it tomorrow at the meet as well....

whoinphx said:
I hope to see all you RRB members out there tomorrow...

If I see the stolen bike i will be sure to shoot first and ask questions later. It's the wild west ya know..we all carry. :shock:

Hope it doesnt rain too bad...would be a shame to have such an event that we never get to be rained out in Arizona...RAIN??? YUK

I'll be riding my Columbia Jet Rider bike...

PICT4617.jpg

I've done a bit of work to her....

IMPORTANT Please check the post I did on "Bike Talk" - "Stolen in Phoenix"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55464

If You See It Let Me Know, I'll be looking for it tomorrow at the meet as well....

SOOOOO...did anyone show up??? Man what a huge Disappointment. Hard to believe no one showed. The street was empty. I felt sorry for the vendors that had displays. There was one guy there with some BIKE ART...I got an awesome print he did. The swap part of it was the same ol. Mostly junk with ridiculous prices. Leather seats for $150 each???? :shock: HUH??? One display had a few bikes for sale...he obviously didnt want to part with his bikes. $1000 for a rusty mess with rotted tires. Guess that means NOT FOR SALE basically.

So for the few people I did see there and talked to..very cool..we had a blast. Met some great guys from Michigan where i am from. But all in all people were packing up to leave by noon. Very sad.

I wanted to go really bad but was in Phoenix the week before. That's a bummer more people didn't show. Mabey the next go round. We had our bike swap here yesterday and it was a good size but not near what it is.

Chris

dryheatpanzer said:
I wanted to go really bad but was in Phoenix the week before. That's a bummer more people didn't show. Mabey the next go round. We had our bike swap here yesterday and it was a good size but not near what it is.

Chris

Yea..the bummer part is that the vendor's had things set up..there was a live band..and a very cool section just for kids. They gave kids all kinds of free stuff and had a Obstacle course for small kids to learn Bike safety. But as we hung around longer into the day it was apparent that NO ONE wass comming. There was one guy that had some very cool BIKE ART...hardly sold any. The SWAP part of it sucked. Same ol expensive junk..so at least that didnt really matter. It's just sad for the City of MESA and everyone that put on a really nice event. The location was awesome. I guess if they would have had it in SNOTTSDALE there probably would have been a million POSERS there with their BOUGHT bikes and trophy wives. Thats ARIZONA for ya. It's all about the image here..not the substance.

Is there a plan for another one next year or somthing in the near future? I've never been to a vintage bike "gathering". It would be awesome to get to one.

Chris

Its sad to see you BAG on this NPB! And you are soooo wrong about a bad turn out. The Roadie crowd was there for the race in force! Was it a little lack luster? Sure, O.K. but, it will only get bigger (with the right attitude). This same thing used to happen in Tempe, every year, and I was at all of them. It only got bigger and better every year! Tempe eliminated this from their budget (things are tough all over) support it and it will grow! As an East Valley resident I am STOKED to see anything like this in my neck of the woods. Want to see it get bigger? I happen to know one of the main guys (personally) who made this event happen, I'm sure he could always use a few more volunteers! It really irks me to see the younger crowd criticize rather than help! :roll: Oh BTW, the San Tan Wheelie jam happens in Phx. next weekend. This will be a good time for sure! I also happen to know (personally) many folks and vendors involved in this one. I'll bet they could still use some help! Interested? :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!!

Slick Rick said:
Its sad to see you BAG on this NPB! And you are soooo wrong about a bad turn out. The Roadie crowd was there for the race in force! Was it a little lack luster? Sure, O.K. but, it will only get bigger (with the right attitude). This same thing used to happen in Tempe, every year, and I was at all of them. It only got bigger and better every year! Tempe eliminated this from their budget (things are tough all over) support it and it will grow! As an East Valley resident I am STOKED to see anything like this in my neck of the woods. Want to see it get bigger? I happen to know one of the main guys (personally) who made this event happen, I'm sure he could always use a few more volunteers! It really irks me to see the younger crowd criticize rather than help! :roll: Oh BTW, the San Tan Wheelie jam happens in Phx. next weekend. This will be a good time for sure! I also happen to know (personally) many folks and vendors involved in this one. I'll bet they could still use some help! Interested? :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL..I did not BAG on the event as you say. The Event itself was very well put together and had a great layout and an AWESOME section for kids. The Vendors had some cool stuff..BUt as far as the SAWP meet part..YEA..pretty bad as always. The swap meet vendors have nothing to do with the people setting up the event. They can't help it who shows up with what junk to sell. Thats just the way it goes in this town. Not much good stuff to buy or at least if it is good items the price is so ridiculous it's not worth buying. So hat's off to the event planners and volunteers. They were greaat. It was very sad though to have all those people ready for a party that never happened. Now maybe i missed something there..but when my son could ride his bike around the streets by himself without any risk of getting hit by others bikers...THATS SAD. He is 5. We rode the streets during most of the event and had no one around us.
So if anyone thinks i am BAGGING on the event itself...RE READ MY POST. Im BAGGING on the sad turn out..THE PEOPLE of this area that only show up to events when it is SNOTTSDALE. Or the band wagon fans of the sport teams. Where was the support for the Bicycle community that everyone says is so strong here??? So the weather wasn't perfect like we are used to. I was happy to see the clouds and cool weather. For once we had an event that wasn't 120 degrees.

The event was in a great place. The event staff were great and the organizers did a good job. Once again the sorry people of this area did a poor job as always of supporting something they cliam they are into. So IM BAGGING on the people..not the event. Bicycle support in this area sucks.

Back