Anyone have a honda ruckus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought this scoot from Scooterdepot. They were very nice to talk with. Been in business for a while. Tech support, and lots of parts. I don't know anything about scooters (some say bikes too). But for $1000 delivered to my door, with a 1 year warranty on the motor and frame, what the heck. It's a 150cc. They had a 50cc, but I'm not little. :roll: .....I may look like a "dweeb" riding it (more like Magilla Gorilla), but I think I can get past that... HOPEFULLY it's worth the money, I'll let ya know.

mc_d150l013.jpg

mc_d150l017.jpg

I've seen a few of those running around, from what I hear they are a good knock off. If it is the same 139QMB 4 stroke motor as most of the Chinese mopeds just make sure the valves are in adjustment every few thousand miles and change your oil regularly and you should be fine.

And if you ever need parts these guys are great. I have done tons of business with them.
http://www.partsforchinesescooters.com/ ... Parts.html

outskirtscustoms said:
I've seen a few of those running around, from what I hear they are a good knock off. If it is the same 139QMB 4 stroke motor as most of the Chinese mopeds just make sure the valves are in adjustment every few thousand miles and change your oil regularly and you should be fine.

And if you ever need parts these guys are great. I have done tons of business with them.
THANKS! I've bookmarked the site, for the future....I've tried to do research on this scooter. It appears to be about 50-50 on whether it's any good or not. Of course all the Honda owners call them junk. The people who bought them, like it. I really like the look of the Ruckus. I just wasn't willing to drop close to $3000 for a 50cc scooter.

KOTA said:
outskirtscustoms said:

THANKS! I've bookmarked the site, for the future....I've tried to do research on this scooter. It appears to be about 50-50 on whether it's any good or not. Of course all the Honda owners call them junk. The people who bought them, like it. I really like the look of the Ruckus. I just wasn't willing to drop close to $3000 for a 50cc scooter.

Yeah a lot of people around here have called the Chinese 4 strokes junk because they don't do maintenance and wonder why they break down or they don't know how to fix them. Normally after about 2,000-2,500 the exhaust valve starts to tighten up and cause hard starting and popping and farting from the exhaust. People think it's the carb and when that doesn't fix it they call it junk. Easy fix.

If you look at good flat motors they are expensive. Honda can't even afford to build their own motors. They build the parts and have them assembled in Taiwan. They also get a couple thousand for the 110cc ones. The gear boxes are probably 200% better than the china bikes. The China ones have to be started a certain way when they boost the compression up a little or it breaks the shafts.There is no way to produce a high quality 125cc motor for $250. There are several places that take them and go through them and beef up the parts that might break. Then your back to a couple thousand in a 180cc motor. They are really fun and if you don't really dog them out they seem to last a pretty good while. The old saying is you get what you pay for. With a little extra time going over the nuts and bolts and wiring , you will have a pretty good scooter. If you just ride them then they fall apart. :oops: I love mine and its China to the bone ...... I wouldn't sell it.

Scheduled for delivery on Monday. I'm planning on immediately changing ALL the fluids. Replacing the fuel and vacuum lines. Checking every wiring connection. Cleaning the carb and gas tank. Putting a new NGK spark plug in. New fuel filter. New in-line fuse from the battery, plus a new battery....This should all be less than $100. My new job is exactly two miles from home, and I don't plan on going over 35MPH. If it breaks, I'll fix it. :lol:
Over the winter it will be completely dis-assembled and get a "ratty" two tone primer paint job, plus some upgrades.....Thanks for the encouragement.

All the ones like mine seem to have initial problems because they don't go over them after a few rides. I have seen the same little scooters go a bunch of miles if they are looked at a little. Yours looks cool and they have a bunch of potential for changes. If you ride them like they are they are a barrel of monkeys fun. Mine came with a 50cc no shift one gear motor. I bought this 110cc no clutch 4 speed electric start one and changed it. A real nothing deal. I bought a new 125cc with a clutch in case this one were to commit suicide. The people that buy the Honda ruckus like yours switch that 50cc motor to the 150cc that they pickup from ebay. They seem to be all the same. Supposedly run real good and hardly ever have a problem. All of the motors are a snap to change. My 110cc purs like a kitten so the new lifan waits patiently in case its ever needed. I know you will love yours. They are a blast! :D

KOTA said:
Over the winter it will be completely dis-assembled and get a "ratty" two tone primer paint job, plus some upgrades.....Thanks for the encouragement.

Sounds awesome! I'm thinking of painting my Razz, and going with a rat rod military theme. Already have the seat re-done in camo.

Back