Anyone have a honda ruckus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at work the other day and the was one of these cool little scooters
Parked outside the store and I thought it was the coolest scooter "other then a Vespa"
I have everseen.... And since I have seen that there are pple on this forum seem to have
A love for all thing on 2 wheels I was wondering if anyone had one of these neat little machines

A couple pics that are not mine but I thought looked good....
98ffa916.jpg

d6c9b080.jpg

I've worked on a few, same drive train as the Honda Metropolitan. In my honest opinion they are way too complicated mechanically and as far as any off road I wouldn't try it. For the money get a Yamaha Zuma, Much faster, better off road capability, and simple as pie to work on.

there are tons of aftermarket for those things being made. i had a metroplitan but i used to get on the totalruckus.com forums back in the day, tons of crazy stuff they do to those scoots !!!

Its funny how that little bike is as popular as it is. But then its nearly affordable. I wanted a big rukus really bad. Ive been trying to find a helix 250

I have been looking around abit and notice there is a lot of cool things
To do to them I looked up the Yamaha zuma it didn't turn my crank I wouldn't want
To take the Ruckus off road it's engine is much to small for my liking but for around
Town I think it would be a fun little ride...

Around town both are pretty cool choices, One thing I don't like is Honda uses an aluminum frame like on the Metropolitan and I have seen first hand how one breaks. Also most parts for the Honda are expensive and overly complicated. The Zuma uses a good old fashioned steel frame, doesn't have the water cooling system, doesn't have the fuel pump, and doesn't have the mess of wires to sort through should anything ever go wrong. The Chinese also have a knock off of the metropolitan that I have to say is pretty good for a Rat Rod cruiser. Another really great scooter is the Yamaha C3. Or if you really want the vintage Rat Rod look and have cash laying around get an old Vespa.

I've always thought that the Ruckus was the coolest scooter design I had ever seen and about the only one I wouldn't feel like a dweeb riding on...ha ha. :lol:

Everybody always says the same thing though...they look cool, but no power. :(

Rat Rod said:
I've always thought that the Ruckus was the coolest scooter design I had ever seen and about the only one I wouldn't feel like a dweeb riding on...ha ha. :lol:

Everybody always says the same thing though...they look cool, but no power. :(

A lot of the ruckus guys swap the motors out for a GY6, you'll have all the power you need on something that small then :lol:

( Better upgrade the brakes too then :wink: )

When I first found out it was only 50cc I thought it would have been a 2stroke
So I was shocked when I found out it was a liquid coles 4 stroke if it was a 2stroke
It might of had a little more gumption without have to swap the motor or do to many
Upgrades

One reason I like the ruckus is it doesn't have the tipacal scooter look and as ratrod said you
Wouldn't feel like a dweeb riding one

What's funny is watching the guys with the "tuned" version of these still have to lift up on the back end to do a burn out. :lol:

I wish I could find a fixer upper one of these. They have a similar profile to Fugsley. It would be cool to put the back end of one of these onto Fugsley. :mrgreen:

The ruckus is nice if you like to go slow and not go off road. My buddys gy6 ruckus scrapes over bumps and sharp corners.. :roll:

I have a pre-bug 2000 zuma with a big bore kit, big carb, pipe, clutch work and variator tuning...

It will do 59 gps no prob, sport bike cornering and I off road the crap out of it! More fun to off road than my CRF150...

The thing will power wheelie like no other...It's funny to smoke cars off the line at a stop light...they always look puzzled :lol:

Yeah if you want outright speed and acceleration get a Zuma, Jog, Vino, or a newer Vento Triton or Zip 2 stroke. I had a Vento Triton R4 with a few mods and it would get up to roughly 60-70MPH. I used to love pulling up next to sports cars at a red light and get them to race through speed traps. :mrgreen:

I love mine. Its a 110cc no clutch 4 speed electric start. Cool as heck and will go off road.
You can change the motor in a couple hours.
DSCF0006-6.jpg

Latest posts

Back