Any Moped Freaks out there?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
That's a sweet bike..reminds me a little bit of the Honda Ruckus...I think Poppa Wheelie has one.

theyre a blast !!!

you can do anything to a ruckus (pics from http://www.totalruckus.com )

sanjuro62ruckus.jpg

robomodruckus.jpg

aperuckus2.jpg

aperuckus.jpg

and shameless pic of my metropolitan !!!

100_0596.jpg

and this one for fun !!!

METROJET-1.jpg

How do you pedal a scooter???

I have noticed the subtle diffrences between a MOPED and a Scooter have been lost over the years:

MOPED:

Victoria%20Moped%204.jpg

SCOOTER:

scooter.jpg

MOPED:

tfr.JPG

SCOOTER:

quadrophenia.jpg

(Don't sleep on the beach...keep within my reach)

MOPED:

Puch%20Moped.jpg

SCOOTER:

fat-moped.jpg

(This cat NEEDS a Moped)

Now what is the key difference :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:

ya i know, mopeds have pedals, scooters dont, are they REALLY that different ? or do we need to further discuss how not all scooters are Vespas too ? :wink:

i like em all anyways scooters / bicycles / mopeds , just showin some pics of custom jobbys i thought some might appreciate, didnt mean to add to the confusion :)

BTW

MOPED:

whizzer.jpg

LOL

No worries man :lol: ...I think it is a regional thing as to the laws of the land if a moped has pedals.

I see in many countries now there is no diffrence between the naming of a moped and a scooter.

It's just they are just THAT much more 'hip to be square' with pedals on them. I remember that once inspected and licenced...the pedals were the first thing to be taken off!

according to most "state" definitions they dont need pedals to be catagorized as mopeds anymore, most states say if it goes less than 25 mph, and has less than a 50cc, its a moped. whats wrong with that definition, we know better tho !!! :mrgreen:

Back