Any Moped Freaks out there?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Buddy Charlie got A Puch and did some neat mods to it, now it's got me all fired up to get a Ped. Found one on Craigs list and this is what I got to start with.

Charlies Puch.
100_1057.jpg

My new 1988 Jawa.
100_1178.jpg

100_1179.jpg

Now that's a Rat Bike!!! I got some neat plans for her, first...A Nice Bath!!!!

Check out the moped army, theyre a moped "gang" with branches around the country, and a pretty comprehensive website. they were founded where I'm from- Kalamazoo

http://www.mopedarmy.com

swarm and destroy

I would love to get into a moped in the next year or two...although the exercise of biking is really nice.

I'm starting to see a progression here.

Give it a couple of years and we'll all be watching "Kenny P's Choppers" on the Discovery Channel. :mrgreen:

Now this goes back a few years: A friend and I had an old Honda we messed around with. It was BIG fun. You could tool around with three people on it if you so desired. Five people however, would bring it to a standstill. Come wintertime, we would race it flat track style around cul-de-sacs in the neighborhood. Good times indeed.

On a similar note, Calgary has a very active scooter community. Not the same as a moped, but fun little machines nonetheless. Just one more toy that would be cool to have...

-Mp

mopeds in my opinion are very cool. i think the jawa engine is very similar to a puch and you can use the big bore engine kits on it. some of the things guys are doing to mopeds over in europe are very cool stripping them down making them look like cafe racers. there is a group here in sacramento that rides by the shop and some of those suckers are pretty fast.

nice find, the best place ive found to find parts, college town tow yards, they get stolen or ditched or borrowed and forgotten, usually have the wiring ripped off, or front ends bent, occasional setting on fire (usually alcohol involved i believe), tow yards have to pick em up if theyve got agreements with the city and usually dont want em sittin around takin up space. offer em $20 bucks for em and if the give ya the freeze ask em how much theyll get for weight at the scrap yard, theyll usually take your 20 bucks then. :D

from the mopedarmy.com photo gallery:
dsc01065.jpg

dsc00054_copy.jpg

purpelhaze5.jpg

oh yeah, these can be fun!!!
cant wait to see what Kenny can do with one...
:D

Thanks for the tips and the pix.
This is all I have done so far, just sitting together getting ideas.
I cant wait to ditch that fugly seat. It goes 37 mph right now, so after all the frame and body mods we'll start gettin' into the motor. :mrgreen:
Yeah, we're going to go Cafe style.......

100_1186.jpg

100_1187.jpg

thats going to be awesome... i cant wait to see this one done!

you got a sparkly, 70's helmet for it yet?

Yep, I was saving it just for time like this!
100_1192.jpg

I was thinkin maybe the German Spiker might scare them a little more though! LOL

randomfreaks116.jpg

definately stick with the blue golf ball helmut, its says stunt rider all over it :D maybe add some white stars, i wanted this one really bad a while back !!!

jimmylightning.jpg

Cut this today for the cafe cowl on the rear
100_1200.jpg

Was a floor lamp that I trash picked and then used as a headlight on the Orange County Crapper Trike
100_1198.jpg

here's the idea.
100_1202.jpg

Back