any foodies in the group

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant cook, but I can eat :D Gyros are my weakness along with anything made from potatoes and moms italian beef is the best ever. My wife makes darn pretty good kielbasa pasta salad from a family recipe, but her specialty is pies, apple is my favorite :D

Howdy kids!

I have been a chef for over 16 years. Cooking in everything from fine dining to hot dog stands to rib shacks. My girlfriend is a pastry chef. Probably because pastry is woman's work. Just kidding, honey! :lol:

I just returned from a job interview for a head chef position at a local caterers. I have the job, if I want it. Good money, too! Boss seems like a bit of a jerk, but if he wasn't it wouldn't be called work. He ran down several of his competitors, all of whom I know personally. Still not 100% sure I will take it.

I am a big Anthony Bourdain fan, also. I have an adventurous palate too. Inherited it from my dad. The list of things I won't eat is much shorter that the list of things I will. The "won't" list: balut. If you don't know balut, for god's sake don't Google it. Seriously!

The strangest thing I have eaten? Minke whale in Iceland. I had pig intestines two ways at a Szechuan place in Chicago Chinatown.

Guilty pleasure? Mexican and Burgers. I want to open my own gourmet burger joint, but securing a business loan in this economy is next to impossible. If you are a burger fan, you will enjoy A Hamburger Today, America's favorite hamburger weblog!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/

As for Rachel Ray? Hate her cooking, can't stand her voice, but wouldn't toss her out of bed for eating crackers. Strike that. I have a friend who worked with her. She is generally unpleasant to be around.

tikiharl said:
I will try anything once I figure like the line in the movie Motel h***, "meats meat and people gotta eat. I have not eaten veal though in over thirty years ,after I learned of the way they were raised. :wink:

AAAAAHHHH, I'm sitting here with a "belly" full of EGGPLANT Parmigiana, NOT veal!.........I do a fair share of hunting and deep sea fishing (no chems or steroids in wild game), but I don't have the stomach for people who mistreat and abuse animals. :x

I do most of the cooking here. Ive cooked in a few resteraunts but hated it... Im no chef, but I make a mean Lasagne!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I only tip the scale at 140 but I do love to eat!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

maddogrider said:
johnny nightwolf said:
Rat Rod said:
It was an orange guitar amp right?
Thats the one!
Wow between the food network and ratrodbikes how do you guys find time to build bikes? lol
Don't forget my 50+ hour work week! And cars! And motorcycles! And tattoos! And my band! In all honesty, I sleep about 3-4 hours a day.

Im no chef, but I can cook most anything. And most of the time its even good.

But mainly I like to BBQ... Ive got a Oklahoma Joe smoker and use it often to make Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, etc. Im to the point where I blend up my own rubs. And make my own sauces.

I have also developed my own recipe for several side dishes... i.e. baked beans, smoked cabbage, beans and taters, etc. Lately I even smoked a bunch of jalapenos, then dried them out, chopped them up and use them in many dishes... adds awesome flavor with just a hint of heat.

New Years dinner.....
I don't know if anybody else has a traditional New Years Day dinner but here it is pork of some kind, black eyed peas(good luck for the new year) and greens.(money for the new year).I am putting a dry rubbed pork tenderloin on the rottessire for a couple of hours. Black eyed peas w/ bacon and onions and finally spinach w/ bacon spritzed, w/ lemon juice. mmmmmm :wink:

Latest posts

Back