Aluminum Cruiser Frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, there's SOOOO many cruisers in U.S., still (I thought that fad was over and back in the U.S., there were as few cruisers as here), but NOTHING, here. Just discovered Mango cruisers. Anyone have any experience with these? Seem to be lightweight Aluminum. And cheap.

But: How do I get a bike here to Europe? Looks like all the big carriers want 500 bucks for transport to Europe.
Take it on the plane with disassembled and put in multiple bags.

- by Gigmata

Well, if I WERE on a plane from U.S., I wouldn't have this problem. But I'm not. I'm currently not planning to visit U.S., sometime soon. Way too expensive (esp. with a complete family that wants to come along). Even if you don't knock the bike down, it doesn't cost a fortune to take a complete bike along as sports baggage in a normal flight. Might not even be worth all the disassembling work to save those few bucks. It's the fact that I'm not flying that gives me all these problems...

So, I'm still searching for possibilities...

Update.

I found a company selling aluminum cruiser bikes in Germany. They didn't have ny frame for me. At first. No they got a bike back whose wheels had been damaged during trnsport. And I was able to talk them into selling me the frame!

SUCCESS!!!!!

Aluminum frame (7005) with V-brake stubs, matte black. Room for a suspension fork, so I'm going to mount that high aluminum fork I have.

For pics, I gotta upload them on the net. That's going to take a while. Still thinking about if I should make the complete bike matte black or shiny. Currently, I'll assemble the thing, first. Then, we'll see. I personally would rather opt for shiny black.

More later!

Latest posts

Back