Airstream Bike Completed (Now with a Rat Trap Springer)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Airstream Bike Completed

I was going to take you up on the offer of buying the one you have for sale, but the wife threatened removal of vital body parts. So I have to pass. Would LOVE to have it though!

Markm said:
glad to help and GLAD it made it to you!!!! :mrgreen:
Now lets see a pic!!! :D :D
above is from another thread, ask and ye shall receive:

DSC03161.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

I like the look of the fender, but"m going to have to make it lower/closer to the tire. the reflector is there to disguise the mount for the fender. I envision a headlight there as soon as I find one I like (and have the funds) Thanks again Mark. I showed my first attempt at the rear reflector. I like it down there. I'll be putting my old bike license plate from when I was a kid near there too. I'm going to replace the plastic strap with a metal strap very soon.

Had to tell a funny story. Boy and I went for a ride tonight. We went to the dollar store. I scored these really cool little book lights for my Rat-Daddy (I seem to be calling it the basket bike lately). When we got there and as we were locking up, He says:"You know Daddy, I'm really quite pleased with how this bike came out. Good Job."

Here is a nice photo of him after that. We went around through the trolley museum that is down the street from my house. (http://www.bera.com) This is the bridge over the river to the Storage barns that you can just make out in the distance.

IMG00124-20090730-1911.jpg

What a beautiful New England late summer day!!! Boy and I went for a bike ride. Before we set out we took some photos of the two Airstream bikes. This is actually the first time we've ridden them at the same time.

First he tried pulling:
DSC03399.jpg

Then I tried:
DSC03400.jpg

Then we both tried:
DSC03398.jpg

Re: Airstream Bike Completed (New pics Recreating my Avatar)

step aside gentleman, i can pull it.

Re: Airstream Bike Completed (New pics Recreating my Avatar)

"runt" lol whatever.

Been toying with the idea of putting a rat trap springer on this bike. I had one hanging around so I took the brass wire wheel to it. Got it about as shiny as I could. Put it on the bike. I freaking love it. I should have done this months ago!! It rides great too!!

IMG00240-20100404-1719.jpg

Back