Airstream Bike Completed (Now with a Rat Trap Springer)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello to all!! I finished up my bike last night then cleaned and polished it all up for some nice early morning photos today. I'm very happy with the finished product. To recap: I bought the Murray frame from Flyingdingo with no idea what I was going to do. Picked up some odds and ends from several users here and scavenging aorund my basement or the side of the road. Bought new wheels tubes and tires from ebay. Stole .... errr .... borrowed a few ideas from many users here. And finally even had a few original ideas of my own. Thanks to all for your kind words, ideas, offers of help, and help. I really appreciate it.
DSC03122.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10991

Re: Airstream Bike Completed

aka_locojoe said:
Very cool. Nice job. Did you ever think about making a chainguard to match the tank?
Thanks!
Yes. I ran out of rivets though. :cry:

A definately coolness factor goes with that bike. That rear Felt tire is all hotrod.

Being HUGE into camping, this goes on my 10 list! I love it! I would love to have an old Airstream Camper, let alone a very cool bike to go with it! You sir rock! I second the bike pulling the camper pic! lol :D

Well done and it looks like an Airstream Drag Bike with the Big 'n' Littles it rolls on. Are you ready for today's SnOw Event??

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joe

Fantastic!
The bike AND the airstream.
I would love to have a vintage bambi someday to go with my 1961 atomic ranch.

yeshoney said:
Well done and it looks like an Airstream Drag Bike with the Big 'n' Littles it rolls on. Are you ready for today's SnOw Event??

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Joe
BUY MILK AND EGGS!!! EXTRA WATER!!! OH NOES!!!1!!1! :lol: :lol:

The bike turned out great. Its nice when you can combine loves on a build. I tried, but my love for laying around ,eating twinkies and watching westerns on tv didnt bring forth any ideas to incorperate into a bike. :? Maybe a western style twinkie bike?????

I love that tire. it's a 24"x3". it was a lucky buy. saw it on the bay and jumped on it. I've never seen another. I then went searching for a 24" 3 speed rear wheel. got lucky and found that too. the same guy had the front wheel and a quick brick to go with it. the whole bike just sort of fell together. except for the tank. that was difficult.

Back