80s GT BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Picked this old thing up this weekend. Looks to be in pretty good shape cosmetically under all of the dust/dirt. Needs a couple minor mechanical fixes but nothing major. I never deal with BMX stuff so I don't have any desire to keep this. What is something like this worth? Any idea on year?

I think in 88 they went to the double bend in the down tube, Im guessing yours is 85/86 from the decals. You can get more $ piecing it out like with anything else. I wouldn't take less than $300 complete and as-is.

Thanks for the input CCR. Should I leave it as is, or should I clean it up? I just don't want there to be any surprises for the next owner.

I would air the tires up carefully to check out the condition but other than that I would just clean it with soap/water. Sell it as-is and only disassemble it as little as necessary to ship it. Whoever wants will likely want to detail it themselves ... part of the fun :)

That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Found one similar on ebay to watch, it may be no reserve but I think if he would have started the bidding lower and put his reserve around $550 he would have a better chance of getting things rolling... completely my opinion though. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-GT-PRO-FRE ... 2a333cf416

Thanks for the input CCR. Much appreciated!

It is a 1985-86 model. If you want to sell PM me. :D

I would be interested with it not cleaned up. :D

Back