60 Day build for World of Wheels jan 2012 New Orleans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here ya go. it's 10 3/4". now hows that for service. so tell me, do you have a work shop where you go to school to build this or are you back home. just wondering. ok, now get ta buildin ya krazzy ratter.lol. as Jake would say.

Outlaw 8)

This is grade A service!

I am a body man by trade...yes,22 and I am doing this for a living. Been at it since I was 17 on a pay scale. I started working with my pops in his body shop doing body work at 14. So without blowing my own horn....TOOT TOOT...I'm really good at body work.
Anyways,I am doing this at the first place I worked at here in Monroe at college. The guy really is nice and supports what we are doing 100% and said I can use his shop whenever I wanted. He is an old timer body man,so tool supplies are thin and old,but hey,like you said in your post,sometimes you just have to make your own tools!

I'm get to it!

got a ? for ya. I have a sheet of 16g about 2ft x 3ft. sheet metal. I heated it up to try an take the stifness out to beable to work it better. it took a curve that I can't take out. I heated it up today an placed it between 2 2x4's an somewhat got flat again but not by much. I don't think this was all a good idea.lol. boy, I can hear ya all. I am not a metal worker thats for sure. so have I screwed this up or what? anything else I can do to it or what? live an learn that's for sure. HELP.

I hope the tire height helps. thanks for the story of working in your pop's place. that is also nice of the guy to let ya use his shop. now git back ta work.

Outlaw 8)

Ouchie.

A quick crash course on molecular structure of metal substances. (that woulda cost ya about 50 bucks alone)

When a piece of metal,especially flat :-/ what your doing when your heating it up is spreading the molecules away from one spot and they are 'swollen' When it cools down the molecules are not ever going to be in the same place as before.
So with as much work as can be done,it still won't be completely flat. The molecules are now back to a smaller size but not the original.
This is what causes a dent,molecules are hit and go haywire and run away.

Soooo....if I'm wrong,someone please correct me :)

Cool story here-on big ships when a dent is caused they would come in and heat up the spot cherry red then throw cold water on it and it would pull the molecules back together and pop the dent out.

Now that we have all had our weekly dose of the word 'molecule' class is dismissed!

thank you for the lesson. I did heat it up again and thru cold water on it an I had weight on the middle and it still went back to the roll curl it had. opps, now what. think I can still use it for a tank. I think I goofed.lol. thanks for the lesson and the help.

Outlaw :roll:

jimmy, were you asking me to see it. if so I'll take a pic of it an post it in STREET DIGGER hopfully on Sun. I'll be gone till sat. late. thamks.

sorry, didn't want to take up your post Isaiah.

Outlaw 8)

Sooooo.......seems as if I was a bit ambitious in this build.

I was 'promised' a job but never got it and it takes some degree of money to build almost anything. I still dont have a job and I go out looking almost every day. I have been traveling home on weekends ( 4 hour drive into south louisiana) to build 2 other bicycles.

Both of which are awaiting just minor things to be complete. I will eventually build this bike I spoke about and hopefully in secrect from my la familia.

The two bikes we build have pretty much been documented on our facebook page. If you dont have one then fret not! I will be posting pics up on here when they are both finished and they will both have some build pics and a description with them.

I was just wondering how this build was going the other day! Im going to stay tuned in to see this one,I love your other work 8) :mrgreen:

Back