53-56 Western Flyer X53**UPDATE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great way to find one.
Nice find!
Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need the original light, just get creative:

WOW!! Great score.
I'll take the basket if you part it out. :p

Hey guys, hoping you all can help. Would really like to pin down the year. Being the skip tooth version, I'm guessing 53-56.

The serial #

MOT-W 2196

Last edited:
When found.

attachment.php

At present.

attachment.php

1957 Western Flyer X53, 26"
True "Survivor X53"
I've put lots of time into this. Love survivors, both in my cars and bikes. The only parts I have added, are tires and seat top, that I already had. Nuts, bolts, and screws, were all still useable, lots of soaking. No paint has been used at all, the only paint on the bike, is what was originally there.
This was the Black and Gold bike, so while working on the bike any gold tints that were still there, I tried to leave. Really like how the fenders turned out, with the slight tint of the chrome still there.
Still have to work on the pedals, then the chain. Time to start looking for the horn assembly, headlight, and tail reflector pieces. Which we all know, will be no small task.

Nice Bike! It seems black and gold were kind of a trend in cars the late 1950's.
It's awesome to realize the quality materials and workmanship in these old bikes, little elbow grease and oil (and tires) and they spring right back to life!

I'd love to ride that thing to work & back every day, but it's 20 miles & uphill both ways!

Doesn't even look like the same bike. Awesome transformation!

Did you change out the tank, or add some paint to it? Really a nice looking survivor.

Back