$50.00 huffy slingshot and more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked up today.
Huffy slingshot-rough but complete and has lots of good parts.
Iverson -very cool bike condition is not real bad.
3-nos 16 inch tires.
white coaster brake mags.
Huffy bandit tire
lester coaster brake mag.
narrow 16 inch wheel.
Great day in the bike world.
125_0406.jpg

Hey scott,
\ That is one sweet Slingshot glad to see you finally found one. Im sure you will get it cleaned up and looking good.

The mags are 20 inch mag lites. If you are interested let me know and I will send some pictures.

Kool deal on the slingshot.!! It looks like a 69 model. The twin stick shifter looks like it has a broken lever. You can expect to pay 100 to 150 for a twin stick shifter. I have scored them for as low as 85 dollars and as high as 250 for a NOS one. If you part the bike I would be interested in the sissybar, rear wheel, guard. Here is a picture from the Huffy catalog for 1969

slingshot002.jpg

LarzBahrs said:
How does the sissy bar bolt to the frame?? I have a slingshot sissy bar but I have no idea how to put it on :(

There is a piece that bolts to the frame that the sissybar goes through and a bolt goes through the holder & sissybar. Look up NOS banana muscle sissybar clamp on ebay. Those should work for you...Jaxon

Almost finished.All I need to do is run the cables.
Kept it as original as possible.I found a donor bike for the rear wheel and fender.
I am going to re chrome the original sissy bar.
Not a show bike but came out pretty good.
125_0513.jpg

Those have the same chainguard that my best bud had on his Sears Gremlin when I was a kid.

any updates on this one? finished? :shock:

Back