49ers bike/occ schwinn chopper bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little cutting and compounding(2500/white foam). will polish it after a couple months.

thought these looked cool. I can't wait to see them on the red handle bars with white grips.

after some sun the tank is ready for stickers. It's too bad the frame will have more orange peel than this but you live and learn. Maybe next time I powder coat frames I work on and use all metal filler for those to withstand the heat of the powder coating process.

Stayed up last night putting this together. Still needs the wheels to be trued up a little better but definitely rideable. Gonna go for a spin right now. I'll post more when my photographer buddy comes up for a shoot. It's beer:30!

test ride went horribly wrong. The lugs are for shows, not riding. I will order more. I also decided I do not want the chain guard on it.
What I decided to do is put a small Ca license plate there. If I can't find one I'll make one and paint it black and yellow like the old plates. All I have to do is drill another hole in the bracket. The front bracket looks like it belongs so it's ok. The bracket in the back I might be able to cut it off with a mini air saw and brush touch it-shhhhhh! It will be hidden and nobody will know. I gotta think long and hard about that but the license plate will be a go. I think it will be a nice finishing touch.

you can kind of see the rear bracket in this pic. If cut it out and clean and tape everything to avoid scratches I think I can pull it off. I have paint to touch it up too! In the meantime, I will crack open a beer and work on that license plate or look for one.

I said it before and you have driven me to it, I'm repainting/detailing Headbanger into a BEARS bike... I HAVE to, Olivet, where they do their summer practice is less than 2 miles from my house. Cruisin' there on a Bear bike will be awesome... Thanks for the push.

Your bike is nice too. (for a Niner's bike...lol) Really!

Carl.

I said it before and you have driven me to it, I'm repainting/detailing Headbanger into a BEARS bike... I HAVE to, Olivet, where they do their summer practice is less than 2 miles from my house. Cruisin' there on a Bear bike will be awesome... Thanks for the push.

Your bike is nice too. (for a Niner's bike...lol) Really!

Carl.
sweet. Just don't air brush Cutler on there. :) Can't wait to see the build. Keep us posted.

sweet. Just don't air brush Cutler on there. :) Can't wait to see the build. Keep us posted.
HAHA! I probably won't get to it before spring... he may not last that long. IF it gets a number it'd have to be 34 anyway...

Carl.

Hey nice job awesome too see true niners fan out there
1e30c596271ce88cee9fb0d7dc45ea24.jpg

not a niners fan, but great skillz and cool concept..i liked the white frame concept..how did you strip the chrome? did you start with a chemical?

Back