'37 Schwinn Motorbike DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Picked this old bike up recently. Unique badge, mostly complete when I got it, nice original paint. I took a gamble on the seat and I really couldn't be happier.

Before:
Motorbike1_zps3592def1.jpg

After:
020113141632_zps4f9a3c1c.jpg

020113141718_zpse7c8847a.jpg

020113141643_zpsc09fbf0a.jpg

Re: '38 Schwinn Motorbike

What the heck did they do to that seat? It looks like a MyPillow... :lol:

What's that badge say? I can't read it. You're not going to keep the apes on that baby? :p HaHa! What were they thinkin'? Gary

B607 said:
What's that badge say? I can't read it. You're not going to keep the apes on that baby? :p HaHa! What were they thinkin'? Gary

The badge says Latonia across the center. Boren Bicyle, Little Rock Ark.

I have a set of crossbars on the way that are going on here. The seller had trouble getting the ape hangers off so I had him cut them off for shipping.

Nice bike. Cleaned up great and seat is awesome. Looks like a totally different bike.

1918 Ranger

Very unique badge on that Schwinn. Never heard of that company before. Badge would be worh restoring. Gary

Awesome looking ride. Question for you , did you have to anything to the seat or was that what was under all that mess of a seat cover?

eparsons said:
Awesome looking ride. Question for you , did you have to anything to the seat or was that what was under all that mess of a seat cover?

The seat was under that cover. I was only going on pictures when I bought so I had my fingers crossed. I'll add more pics this week.

Re: '37 Schwinn Motorbike

Added the crossbrace bars today and took out in this balmy 12 degree weather for a pic.

020413153827_zps2a181fe0.jpg

Re: '37 Schwinn Motorbike

When I cleaned the spraypaint off of the front of the bike I lost all of the red pin-striping. I redid it today and then distressed it to match the paint.

020513131118_zps06c54b5e.jpg

Re: '37 Schwinn Motorbike DONE!!!

Done for now. I have another tank on the way that I'm going to paint black to match this bike and maybe build a '36 around the maroon tank. Lights don't work yet but they sure look good! I have to give much thanks to Jack Hall, Mark Mann, Hannah Schroller, Ken Cook, Bob Kilian, Scott McCaskey and Jeff Macfarlane for all the help in helping to find parts and supplying me with knowledge.

Before (Jan. 21, 2013)
Motorbike1_zps3592def1.jpg

March 22, 2013
032213103125_zps91577c51.jpg

Dude I kid you not I have had that Fraze looping in my head all morning long lol, amazing bike man! love the hard work you put into it.

Nick.

Rockit! said:
In the words of Miami bass group Tag Team, "Whoomp there it is!"

Back