2032 "Snubnose" Future Rod -Contest over for us

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2032 "Snubnose" Future Rod -We need your vote!

More on the design:
Six years ago I started working on a car design. Before this contest, only a handful of people had ever seen it so as to protect the look. Everyone who has seen it has flipped out and some have even offered us shop space in order to build it.
This is an original design, inspired by the 1932 "Highboy" coupe. Some of the original sketches took design cues from the upper receiver of a Glock semiautomatic handgun.

With this image, basically all of the Glock cues are now absent. What isn't absent is the original inspiration: "What would a 1932 Ford coupe look like 100 years later?"

We changed the vehicle configuration to a rear/ mid engine layout, but then attempted to capture the original essence of the '32, pressed through a 100 year time filter.

With windows that cascade over the sides of the car, echoed by a boomerang shaped side intake port, you can see that the leading "break line" of the car fans out from slightly "over-vertical" through a succession increasingly rearward swept lines. - All tied together with a little "Pinninfarina" design think.

Other inspiration came from the "Darkstar" and "Bird of Prey" unmanned aerial reconnaissance planes and earlier sketches of this car bore the actual name "Darkstar".

Contest:
The contest is part of a Facebook ad campaign with Levi's/Dockers called "Wear the pants" "Man Grant" to do something cool..
There are hundreds of entries and all but a few have a minuscule number of votes. We are closing in on 500 votes, but we know we are not winning. If you think our design is worthy of your vote, we ask you to consider doing so.
Thanks,
-Rich
http://apps.facebook.com/dockerswearthe ... tries/6541

Everybody needs to click on Rich's link and vote for his concept!!! :D

I can tell someone from this site actually went through with it! That's great! Thanks so much, whoever you are!
HotRodRob!

Also, please feel free to make any comments or to ask any questions.
We have a target price in mind for the kits and it will be very reasonably priced compared to virtually all other hot rod kits on the market. We have an Idea of what we want to offer and for how much, but it's impossible to have real numbers until we actually get set up to produce kits.
We have all of the knowledge, tools and ability, we just need an opportunity. Winning this grant would be that opportunity.
We think we could have a running example in about 9 months.

I have been a member here since 2009 and have seen a tremendous pool of extreme talent. Though you may not have seen any posts from me lately (been really busy), I have almost completed an early '40s Hawthorne build.

Thanks for your support, guys.
-Rich

HotRodRob said:
Got my vote, cool concept!

Thanks, Rob.
Please consider telling any of your friends or family about it. We need all the help we can get.

One of the competitors had an online article written about her "Plan" which garnered her a ton of votes, plus she is hot, so she has all theses strange guys voting for her.
In spite of these factors, we have at least kept within 11-47 votes of her "plan".

If you guys would go on there for us, you would make a tremendous difference in the outcome.

I hope you guys will help.

Well, Steve, It was worth a try and I appreciate you allowing us to come beg for help.

We can tell we have only gotten 3 voters including your vote, to this point.
Thanks to the new voters, though!

We'll take 'em.
Thanks, Steve.

Thanks so much, Man!

Just a reminder, we need votes every day until the 15th of next month. So if you feel so inclined, by all means be our guest.

We can tell we got yet another vote from here! Thanks guys! That makes 5 people.

I wish we could get just 25% of the people who actually look at this thread. 107 people, so far.

You guys hold the power to make a real difference.

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks so much, Joe.
I saw your comment. We don't plan to have a dealer network. We would probably keep an inventory of 5-10 wrapped, crated, kits ready to ship. There might be on single showroom. Our garage. At least to start.

Update:
For the entire duration of the contest, we have never been within 10 voters of our competition. After posting this thread, yesterday, we are now within 4 voters of the competition's voter base.

We continue to close in on her overall vote count and we have every reason to suspect it's as a result of you guys.

Thanks so much!

You've got my
images

Cheers!
Dr. T

udallcustombikes said:
Does the contest go off of actual voters or the voter's dedication to vote everyday?

It goes off number of actual votes.

Having a good voter base simply increases your daily vote capacity and the more likely you are to have more dedicated voters.

In the end, it's all about total number of votes.
You must make the top five vote counts and from there, I think it goes to committee.

Thanks so much for voting!

Another update!

You guys are pulling through!
We are now within one voter of the competition and within 1 vote of her yesterday's vote count!

We have never been this close!

Thanks so much!

Just cast my vote again. Design looks great, that perfect mix between old and new.

I like it too. Maybe this is what happens when you have a guy who's big time into European super cars who sets out to do a hot rod.
There is no way to really know if we are in the lead. There is no page that lists rankings as far as I know.

What we have done is isolated a very strong runner among the hundreds of entries who was kicking our butt, and attempted to keep up and even pass them. It takes over 200 mouse clicks to check their score, so I have moved to only doing it once every couple of days. For all we know, there could already be someone with 1,200 votes. All we can do is just keep trying.

Currently, we have matched her voter base.

Thanks Joe and everyone. We still need all the help we can get.

Thanks Steve!

Back