1ST ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike is awesome to say the least. The site itself is incredible. Before I joined this site I was somewhat of a picky purist to say the least. Now I am full-blown addicted to rats! I've done business with, and met some really amazing people that I would not have met if it wasn't for this site. I've had invitations to come down from Ontario, Canada to the States to meet some of the members face-to-face and see bikes and parts in a non-show or ebay way. I got my neighbor into rats and him and I made a 13.5 hour round-trip to JohnC's place to pick bikes back in October. I intend to come down in the spring to Ohio for sure! The site inspired me to build a rat for my girlfriend for one of her Christmas presents this year. HotRodRob helped out huge with that old Roadmaster! I am now in the process of getting his and hers Stingrays to tinker with. It just keeps getting better! :D Merry Christmas and all the best! Jordan.

I wish that we could have made a more wild and crazy bike but there is only so much custom work me and Dr.T can do with donates parts. I can honestly say that we did the best with what we had and I'm so glad that we had member that are loyal enough to give us the parts we needed.

You both did an awesome job on the bike and those who donated parts as well. I have bid on it but, even if I don't win, I have been inspired to do the rear tire/rack concept on a future build. Can you buy those forks? Did you guys build them? Totally awesome. :D

FORKS
sensor said:
bnbpanel003.jpg

sensor said:
... I think Kota means that his fork is 'Built!...not bought...' :wink:

Double Nickle said:
I wish that we could have made a more wild and crazy bike but there is only so much custom work me and Dr.T can do with donates parts. I can honestly say that we did the best with what we had and I'm so glad that we had member that are loyal enough to give us the parts we needed.

The bike turned-out pretty radical (to say the least) with that fork. There aren't that many bikes that are lowered 'The Kota-Way'. And this sort of rack set-up seems to be quite unique. I stumbled upon a discussion (complete with a pic of the Rustrocket t-shirt) about it on a French(!) custombike-forum. Also the tire-combination is rather wild than mild. These three ingredients sets this bike higher on the steps of the ratrodbike-ladder. If you know what I mean. This stuff is handbuilt! The bike is not 'tricked-out' with a bought chinese chrome springer fork ordered through a 'custom-bike' afetermarket parts internet company. NoWayJose! This is a REAL custom bike with LOTS of hotrod-styling. If there ever was a bike that deserves the term 'ratrod' or 'hotrod'... This is IT. 8)

And the way it came together just brings it to another level.
imho.

I'm just wondering how many trends this bike will start because of that rack. If it gets big mikesbikes36 can go into business. :lol:

im sayin ...i wish i would have kept the pics of makin it ...i have n clue what got into me and why i deleted em ...i just didnt think it was gonna be that big of a deal i guess !!!! im sure glad people like the rack ...i just think the whole bike is awsome ...it realy sucks that im broke cause id love 2 own this bike !!!

Latest posts

Back